Physical Damage Supervisor - Inside
Physical Damage Supervisor - Inside
R1979 Physical Damage Supervisor - Inside (Open)
Mt Laurel, New Jersey
Supervises and directs the Physical Damage virtual staff with responsibility for maintaining the performance of Field Inspectors and Direct Repair Network (DRN) vendors to provide rapid, high quality vehicle repairs throughout assigned territory; develops goals and targets in support of department strategy, planning, budgeting and staffing; additional responsibilities include the direct supervision of Field Inspectors and Vendor Management Specialists (VMS) in assigned locations.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing Physical Damage and DRN estimating performance with assigned region; monitors and adjusts performance criteria for field inspectors nonstaff and DRN vendors within assigned territory; makes recommendations on DRN contract vendor suspension and termination process; ensures department goals and objectives are met; directs continuous process improvement effort within unit with an ongoing focus of improving customer service and delivery.
- Communicates and enforces administrative policies, operating procedures and safety rules, communicates changes in policy and procedures, ensures compliance of company procedures and DOI regulations, monitors workload distribution for staff, arranges and conducts meetings as required for the efficient operation of the department, participates in team meetings when needed, monitors customer service levels in department and ensures ongoing service quality improvement at every level.
- Responsible for human resources functions to include:
- Recruiting and interviewing prospective employees.
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Recommending salary actions including promotions and terminations.
- Administering disciplinary procedures in conjunction with management.
- Recognizes employee's achievements.
- Counsels employees on performance issues, promotes growth and development of staff thorough coaching and mentoring, provides feedback and guidance to staff relative to productivity, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates training needs of employees and ensures employees receive training relevant to their job duties and with a focus on achieving superior customer relations.
- Assists in monitoring performance of internal and external vendors and works with Field Operation Manager to negotiate and resolve issues with internal and external vendors.
- Monitors goals and targets for Physical Damage Field Inspectors in support of Physical Damage department strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Comprehensive understanding of automobile repairs, insurance contracts and regulatory process.
Valid automobile operator's license may be required depending on assignment.
Must possess strong inter-personal and negotiating skills and the ability to interact with others in a professional and tactful manner.
Ability to work well without direct supervision.
Ability to prioritize work, organizes time, and balances multiple projects.
Ability to supervise employees in virtual environment.
Position requires strong decision-making, leadership and motivational skills.
Requires the ability to coach, mentor, evaluate and provide training, guidance and constructive feedback to professional staff.
Must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Position requires ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbally, and conduct meetings and deliver formal presentations.
Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Must be knowledgeable of HR policies and procedures.
Must have proficient analytical and computer skills.
Ability to work with inside and outside vendors.
Working knowledge of changes and developments in the insurance industry.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
5+ years of claims experience
BS/BA degree, or equivalent experience
2+ years of supervisory experience
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top