R1858 Network Manager (Open)
Network Team Manager
The Senior Manager, Network Engineering will lead a team of advanced and entry level network engineers. They will manage all aspects of complex design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting wired and wireless communication infrastructure, supporting data, voice and video in converged and non-converged configurations. Will also lead, task plan and delegate, and mentor team members.
The Network Engineering Manager must maintain a detailed working knowledge of network technologies and possess knowledge of a wide range of applications and systems. The person should be driven by customer satisfaction and have a firm grasp of troubleshooting, monitoring tools, and escalation processes.
Interaction with other teams within the company for a variety of company initiatives will be required. Additionally, this role will be responsible for day to day personnel management which includes scheduling, managing staffing requirements, hiring, development, coaching and evaluating team members.
Additional Responsibilities Include;
- Provides direction to engineering resources in areas including but not limited to: routing protocols, routers, switches, firewall administration, MPLS, Private Line, VPN, DNS/DHCP, load balancing and SSL. Hands-on experience in these disciplines is required.
- Produce network solutions in alignment with business needs.
- Reviews and approves all network change activities initiated by Network Engineering to ensure proper coordination, implementation and validation procedures are in-place. Ensures conformance to Technology Change Management / IT Service Management policies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new network, system management products and services, and new software and hardware.
- Provide necessary budget content and manages the procurement of products or services.
- Recommend and plans use of new system features and hardware for new products and servers to improve overall operation of system and productivity of staff.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourages new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Work closely with SMEs from business partner teams to maintain a high performing and robust network infrastructure.
- Lead Network Engineers to execute projects in the areas of wired and wireless WAN and LAN.
- Assist in providing scope and cost for projects.
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability through proactive infrastructure life cycle management and monitoring.
- Monitor and test system and tenant application performance for issues, identify possible solutions, and work with developers and administrators to implement those fixes.
- Manage devices including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and other network equipment and services.
- Provide direct support in daily network and systems operations including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 10+ years' experience in managing Network Services and projects for a large IT department.
- 5+ years' experience in the acquisition and management of technology and technology professionals.
- In depth understanding of Network Services and technologies (Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, Wireless, DHCP, VPN, Automation, and Firewalls)
- Experience managing Telecom vendors and services, including expenses.
- Familiar with Telephony, Video Operations, and Unified Communications services and technologies (Avaya, Nice, Polycom, and Lync integration).
- Demonstrated success in matrix management and influence environments.
- Ability to plan, organize and achieve coordinated objectives.
- Handles stressful and difficult situations in a calm professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or highly complex I.T. project teams. Leads technical efforts of project teams involving other managers and/or consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust focus to meet changing priorities, alteration in strategic directions and shifting customer needs.
- Ability to be on call for incident notifications and management escalations.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Has full working knowledge of principles, theories and concepts applicable to Network Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence vendors on product/service direction and resolve significant business issues.
- Ability to envision future requirements and integrates them into the development of technology directions, architectures and initiatives.
- Relevant industry experience (Insurance or financial services).
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top