Network Engineer III
Network Engineer III
R2676 Network Engineer III (Open)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Are you looking for a growing company that is caring and committed to exceptional service? Are you ready to put your experience to work and advance your career? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in Hamilton, New Jersey.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA Members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us the most.
As an Infrastructure Engineer III you will help us achieve our goal by providing exceptional service as an IT engineer within a growing environment.
A TYPICAL DAY AS AN INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER III INCLUDES:
- Provide technical skills with respect to LAN, WAN, Wireless, Load Balancing, Telephone, Transport and Firewall business needs
- Provide Network engineering and support services.
- Collaborate and partner with leaders to ensure stability, and follow direction, priorities, and risk tolerance profile with business driven solutions requirements.
- Establish and maintain industry leading service levels in the delivery of network services by fostering and driving a culture of quality, collaboration and innovation across the IT Operations team, the broader IT organization and our vendor partners.
AS A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR COMMUNITY, YOU WILL:
- Grow: Achieve career growth by continuously crafting your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities
- Collaborate: You will be a part of a growing organization that is passionate about our AAA members and one another every single day.
- Join a team dedicated to seeking out and incorporating different perspectives to drive and improve results
- Volunteer: You'll have the opportunity to receive paid time off to participate in community volunteer service projects.
- Develop, deploy and continually enhance integrated, standardized Network solutions and services, to include:
- Local Area Networks
- Wide Area Network(s)
- Wireless Networking
- Technology standards & roadmaps
- DNS / DHCP
- Load Balancing
- Proper cabling and cable management
- Telephone support
- Contribute to, and help maintain the enterprise systems architecture. Ensure consistency to standards and polices for network components, and integration between related system, application, and infrastructure architectures.
- Drive the standardization and rationalization of the network infrastructure towards a clearly defined, optimized, and enhanced end-state architecture.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and communication of the network architecture, including its design and technology standards
- Manage chosen service providers in the deployment and ongoing support of all network services
- L3+ support of all network services
- Lifecycle management of all network technologies
- Drives decisions and priorities regarding system enhancements (software and hardware) that will improve the performance and reliability of the infrastructure.
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of operational process standards and guidelines that the team will use to validate consistent and reliable service delivery to the organization.
- Consistently focused on Innovative ways to improve the infrastructure, focusing not only cost, but also process improvement.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and trouble-shooting of infrastructure components to provide a secure, high performance environment.
- Will serve as technical lead, for the resolution of highly complex problems.
- Recommends and implements changes through the normal change control processes.
- May direct others in accomplishing needed activities.
- Creates, updates, maintains user documentation
- Dedicated self-starter who's passionate about working both independently and within a team.
- Committed to maintaining strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with interpersonal skills
- Participates in rotating on-call support. Responsible for resolution of service outages and other service problems during an on-call period.
- On call duties during standard and non-standard business hours.
- Recent relevant experience in Networking platforms, technologies and services with a focus on LAN switching, WAN, Wireless, Structured Cabling, Telephony, etc.
- Clear understanding of IT Infrastructure lifecycle: Architecture, Design and Operations. Working knowledge of all areas of IT Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with system development, and operational process methodologies.
- Committed and upbeat self-starter with diverse technical team experience and working with multi-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years IT work experience working in multiple system environments
- 5+ years Hardware/software installation and troubleshooting
- 2+ years Network technology
CSAA INSURANCE GROUP OFFERS MANY BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Comprehensive health care plans, including medical, dental, vision, and tax-deferred spending accounts.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY THAT WORKS
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees have enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions?
Please email us at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Functional - Problem Solving (Supporting), Functional - Systems Analysis (Supporting), Functional - Utilization of Technology (Supporting)
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top