Lead BIDW QA
Lead BIDW QA
R1814 Lead BIDW QA (Open)
Responsible for establishing quality assurance and compliance processes for the IT EADS organization. Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes, educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables. Makes recommendations and directs improvements to the software development lifecycle process. Analyzes and identifies trends in IT performance metrics. The needed skills and knowledge include SDLC, proj mgmt, quality mgmt and improvement methodologies and standards such as TQM, Six Sigma and the Software Engineering Institute-Capability Maturity Model (SEI-CMM).
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Leads a team of analysts in the delivery of QA deliverables.
- Assigns tasks, monitors work progress and sets standards to ensure quality output from the team.
- Establishes internal IT EADS service quality control standards, policies and procedures. Monitors, evaluates, manages and executes audit processes to ensure compliance.
- Reviews progress toward the plan regularly with IT EADS leaders, technical teams and customers to make modifications as necessary.
- Designs, monitors and analyzes performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives.
- Conducts audits and analyses findings to develop appropriate corrective action recommendations.
- Provides training on established processes and policies.
- Coordinates and facilitates quality assurance activities across projects with project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated experience in Software Quality Assurance space
- At least 6 years experience testing in Data Warehouse, BI Reporting, and ETL is required
- Experience working with onshore/offshore testing teams
- In depth experience working across multiple development methodologies
- Proven experience with Waterfall/Agile/Iterative methodologies is required
- Strong experience testing ETL, BI reporting and Databases
- Highly proficient with SQL (Must)
- Proficiency required in HP Quality Center for defect management.
- Knowledge of Automated ETL Test Tools like Informatica Data Validation Option preferred.
- Knowledge of Informatica preferred
- Experience implementing Automated Functional as well as Performance Testing in the BI/EDW domain a big plus
- Familiarity with Cognos Business Intelligence software and IIW appliances a big plus
- Experience in Insurance domain
B.S., Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies
Ability to create non-functional requirements and translate business requirements into non-functional requirements
Proven ability to trace given transactions through a complex system and document how they interact
Working knowledge of industry practices and AAA NCNU policies and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
2 – 3 years Experience leading a team of analysts
10+ years System documentation experience and/or technical writing
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top