Large Loss Field Adjuster
Are you an outstanding Large Loss Field Adjuster that's passionate about solving customers' problems? If so, consider starting your career with us. We are looking for compassionate and committed people like you who provide uncommon service. Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, join us at the CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer. This position can be based out Northern California.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication, growth and our people, you will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As a Large Loss Field Adjuster with limited direct supervision, you are responsible for full ownership of 1st-party property losses within Northern California without limit and has settlement authority up to $125,000 in structural damage. With supervision oversight, you will handle claims up to policy limits for all 1st-party coverages. You will provide direction regarding the investigation of the loss and will work with representatives from SIU, Subrogation, Bureau Litigation and Claims Coverage Question Unit as needed in completing this task; responsible for providing recommendations to management pertinent to these losses. Additionally, you will work with insureds, contractors, public adjusters and attorneys to resolve highly complex claims to conclusion throughout all states where CSAA IG provides homeowner policies. You are responsible for developing structural repair bids using approved estimate writing program for claims classified as large losses. May be required to respond to catastrophe situations outside of normal work area.
A typical day as a Large Loss Field Adjuster includes:
- You are responsible for the investigation and evaluation of extremely complex, high-value property claims requiring expert knowledge of construction techniques and processes.
- You will coordinate and direct outside experts in determining the cause of loss and potential subrogation opportunities as well determining engineering issues. Extensive travel by car and/or plane.
- You can handle multiple states and understand the laws and regulations of each. Responsible for resolution of large complex claims that many times do not present a clear-cut solution.
- Your experience will help you figure out a course of action and negotiate with public adjusters and attorneys.
- Resolution may require use of experts such as attorneys or appraisers.
- You are responsible for evaluation of personal property losses associated with dwelling losses.
- You will determine or oversees vendors who determine damaged from undamaged property, assess reparability and price the value of each item claimed.
- You have the ability to assess building damage, determines the scope of necessary repairs and writes an estimate to rebuild the home.
- You can negotiate with insureds, contractors, engineers and public adjusters to arrive at an agreed cost-of-repair.
- You will consult with outside legal counsel on complex coverage issues.
- Responsible for analyzing and recommending course of action and settlement authority, presenting this information on high-value claims to Senior Management/Loss Committee for authority.
- Has a high settlement authority and the ability to make decisions involving damage assessment and evaluation.
- Participates in legal processes, including acting as Person Most Knowledgeable for Examination under oath or as representative for CSAA IG for subrogation and similar legal processes.
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level adjusters; may include training development and delivery.
- Acts as Subject Matter Authority.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficient with Xactimate repair estimating system.
- In-depth understanding of home repair process.
- Understanding of multi-state policy fair claims settlement practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel by plane on short notice.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years homeowner claims field adjuster and desk adjuster experience
- 5 years experience with Xactimate or similar estimating system
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Ability to acquire DOI adjusting license in the states where required
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
- We find that by being committed to our employees, they reward us with a total commitment to the AAA members we serve. This two-way commitment allows us to achieve more-together.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a team who is dedicated to AAA members and one another. We seek out and incorporate different perspectives to drive towards better results.
- Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities.
- Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 5 years running.
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees have enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Questions? Please contact us Brandon at email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top