IT Digital Application Lead
Are you looking for a growing company that is caring and committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer.
While we have been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As an IT Application Lead, you have the experience to design, develop and upgrade agile services. Utilizing your experience, you will utilize cost-effective software application development to drive and enable greater business value. In doing so, you'll be able to enthusiastically improve productivity through more-rapid delivery of high-quality applications.
A typical day as the IT Application Lead includes:
- A hands-on Application lead developer delivers cost-effective software applications, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices and skills for application delivery success.
- Participates in daily scrums, delivery application stories and mentoring team members in good design & development practices.
- Has oversight of self-service project work for the delivery team for all testing SDLC methodologies and platforms.
- Effectively integrates an application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem in which it will operate.
- Coordinates and facilitates quality assurance activities across projects with project managers.
- Application Lead work with application development, storage, security and network architects to develop an overall approach to the delivery of each application.
- Works with application development, storage, security and network architects to develop an overall approach to the delivery of each application.
- Designs solutions, attends Architectural Review Board to represent solution delivery.
- Solution Architects conceptual design.
- Certifies all solutions to be in compliance to architecture standards and application standards.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Grow: Achieve career growth by continuously crafting your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities
- Collaborate: You will be a part of a growing organization that is passionate about our AAA members and one another every single day.
- Join a team dedicated to seeking out and incorporating different perspectives to drive and improve results
- Volunteer: You'll have the opportunity to receive paid time off to participate in community volunteer service projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Robust experience with Java/JEE, Springboot, Spring, jUnit, Micro-services, RESTful services, Swagger, Oracle/SQL Server DB, Unix & scripting
- Need experience in core API based approach on cloud either AWS or PCF.
- Strong experience with RESTful Web Services and APIs
- Strong experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TravisCI etc.
- String knowledge of the Maven build management Tool
- Able to understand new technical concepts and apply them.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and project teams on complex projects and issues progress and provide status reports to management.
- Project management skills.
- Documentation skills. Produces documentation with great attention to detail.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 - 10 years systems development and business experience designing application solutions for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization.
- 3 - 5 years management, supervisory or technical team leader experience.
- 5+ years technical experience in current enterprise level for application design, execution and software deployments.
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health care plans, including medical, dental, vision, and tax-deferred spending accounts.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees have enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must have authorization to work indefinitely in the US
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose C.Business Consultant
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top