R2196 Investment Analyst (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members.
Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As Investment Analyst you are the primary technical resource for the investment team.
The Department is regularly monitoring capital markets, external investment managers (both those currently used and potential hires), our portfolio's return and risk profile, and evaluating new investment opportunities. You will use tools to support these efforts including FactSet (risk management); Code Red (data base); Bloomberg, (a financial information provider); data from our external consultants, and other resources. You perform analysis in Excel, and craft presentations in Powerpoint. Finally, you maintain our investment compliance system, and monitor the performance and processes of assigned investment managers.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Handle all performance reporting and analysis for investment portfolios
- Provide technical support to the department, working with excel, word, PowerPoint. Build graphs and charts for the Board level presentations. Perform spreadsheet-based analysis. Apply statistical analytics to investment problems.
- Investment Research/Analysis - support the department's evaluation of capital markets, investment strategies, and investment managers through a variety of tools.
- FactSet: maintain and utilize the FactSet risk management system for the department. Design and run reports and monitor to provide insights into the portfolio's risk factors.
- You are assigned several of our external managers to monitor and will ensure that the manager meets the Retention Policy guidelines. You are responsible for thoroughly understanding their investment manager's investment process and performance. For all managers, you will maintain an investment manager compliance system.
- Take the lead in communicating with our managers and trustee regarding fund transfers, quarterly compliance letters, ADV notices, etc. Communication ought to be concise and deeply accurate.
- CodeRed: (database software for Investment Department documents, notes, and contacts) Handle the organization and structure of the database
- Professional demeanor with ability to work well with employees, vendors and management
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Detailed oriented; takes analytical approach to solving problems.
- Productive contributor with minimum instruction on day-to-day duties.
- Solution oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Experience with FactSet or other risk management software
- Experience with accounting systems including PeopleSoft and PAM
- Operational improvement; skills around SQL and other computer languages
- 4-6 years of working experience in areas such as: investment management, investment operations, investment performance monitoring and risk management
- Degree: BA/BS, Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Enrolled in CFA or other investment certification program
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top