Investment Accounting Analyst
Investment Accounting Analyst
R2690 Investment Accounting Analyst (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you an Investment Accounting Analyst that is passionate about analyzing complex information? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek office.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication to service, growth and our people, we will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
You will be exposed to many areas of the Investment Department; investment accounting, investment operations and compliance. This position will be responsible for various accounting tasks, including; the monthly investment accounting close, accounting procedures related to the private markets program (PM), the review and preparation of certain annual and quarterly investment schedules, annual general interrogatories, and board report schedules. Additionally, this position will be responsible for investment operations, including creating and maintaining the Investments Department operations manual, which details the processes and procedures that personnel will follow to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
-- Investment Accounting:
- Perform monthly investment accounting close (this will take approximately 30% of the staff time, probably longer until they ramp up)
- Enhanced accounting procedures related the private markets program
- Review and prepare annual and quarterly investment schedules, annual general interrogatories, and board report schedules
- Prepare annual audited and quarterly investment footnotes for the combined insurance group, pension plan and investment subsidiary
- Provide audit support for the annual audit
- Ensure Investments Department compliance with the NAIC's Model Audit Rule
- Collect and review audited financial statements of funds in the PM program
- Assume role of the investment accounting support/back up when the Investment Accounting Manager is unavailable
- Handle the set-up/termination of managers on various platforms (Northern Trust, State Street, Cardinal)
- Implement rebalancing and fund flows activities, including directing managers on cash flows, determining timing of the transfers and instructing the custodian to implement the rebalancing
- Manage and oversee the PM program's cash flows, such as capital calls and distributions
- Coordinate receipt of periodic reports and K-1s for PE program
- Build and maintain department operations manuals
-- Compliance: Regulatory and Investment Compliance Oversight and Reporting:
- Generate the compliance report weekly and investigate any violations
- Collect the quarterly compliance certificates from investment managers, investigate violations and recommend actions to be taken
- Monitor all departments regulatory requirements (DOI, Board, etc.) and ensure compliance and investigate new or potential compliance issues; analyze and present recommendations for compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional demeanor with ability to interact with employees, vendors and management
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Detailed oriented; takes analytical approach to solving problems.
- Productive contributor with minimum instruction on day-to-day duties.
- Solution oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Experience with accounting systems including PeopleSoft and PAM
- Operational improvement; skills around SQL and other computer languages
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- 2+ years of public accounting experience or 3+ years of accounting experience
- Degree: BA/BS, Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Technical accounting experience
- Investment industry experience
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at TalentAcquisition@csaa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top