R3029 Internal Auditor (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
In this position you will be responsible for conducting or assisting in the performance and documentation of audit projects. You will provide assistance to senior auditors in the execution of audit tests and programs that evaluate CSAA IG's system of financial and operational controls, company goals and objectives, accuracy/integrity of data, compliance with regulation (including Model Audit Rule) and safeguarding assets. You will provide input on continuous auditing analytics and review data mining results.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Leads or assists in performing audit engagements.
- When leading engagements, assigns, reviews and evaluates work product of audit team.
- You may assist in the development of project objectives and programs to test internal controls. Defines project objectives and/or programs on simple audit projects.
- Develops testing methods for business processes of assigned tasks. Performs testing to evaluate the design, accuracy and adequacy of internal controls. Testing includes analyzing data trends, and reviewing transactions for proper approvals, adequate documentation and appropriateness.
- Performs risk assessment to determine audit scope (areas of testing) for projects of assigned complexity.
- Drafts or assist in the preparation of audit work papers and audit reports.
- Participate in the MAR compliance effort, including review of process documentation and testing of controls.
- Works with audit analytics SME to develop new analytics to uncover control breakdowns, fraud, premium leakage, and other non-compliance behavior.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytic techniques
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditor's professional standards
- Knowledge of ACL and TeamMate software
- Ability to quickly comprehend the critical inputs, outputs and processes within a variety of business divisions and apply that understanding to planning, assignment, and/or execution of tasks for an audit project required.
- Ability to identify areas for continuous auditing efforts, develop the analytics needed to perform those duties and implement for regular review and follow up
- Bachelors or higher level degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of experience in auditing, accounting and/or financial/data analysis, of which 2 years is internal auditing experience
- Sarbanes-Oxley or MAR experience
- Actively pursuing Certified Internal Auditor certification
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
We take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss meaningful updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose C.Business Consultant
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top