R1861 Insurance Analyst (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your analytic skills to make an impact in business? Do you use Excel functions that most people don't even know exist? Are you passionate about data integrity and accuracy of analysis? Do you want to work in a collaborative environment and build your skills? If you answered yes to most of these questions, we may have an exciting career opportunity for you. We are looking for a high potential insurance analyst to join our western region analytics team who will help deliver rapid, profitable growth.
- Performs complex insurance, financial, and economic research/analysis in collaboration with marketing, product management, underwriting, claims, actuarial and sales teams.
- Collaborates with other functional areas to develop quality standards, strategy tactics and systems for monitoring performance for all insurance transactions.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of insurance operations, makes recommendations for process improvements, market development and goal attainment based on analysis performed.
- Prepares presentations of findings and recommendations and may participate as a co-presenter and/or lead portions of projects to achieve goal.
- May review work of less seasoned staff for accuracy, logic and appropriateness. Develops and may act as coach on processes for reporting out information to organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics or statistics
- Typically 6 months to 2+ years of general business experience and/or related insurance industry and product experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong research, statistical, analytical, processing and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analyses.
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and effective time management.
- Ability to make effective formal presentations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of insurance products, accounting and rate-making concepts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic and various structured analysis and design techniques.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top