R2965 Innovation Designer (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you a creative hands-on software designer who can freely collaborate with innovators and engineers to bring new ideas to life? Are you able to work across all phases of the innovation life cycle? Are you passionate about continuous improvement and taking new ideas and businesses to market? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, CA office.
You will be a key component to the newly created Innovation Labs function where the belief system centers on building compelling software. We must bring new ideas and businesses to life as quickly as possible in order to gain insightful feedback and continuously improve products.
As the first designer on the team, you will establish foundational design techniques, patterns, and assets for the innovation space. As more innovation ideas and projects come to fruition, we must keep up with the pace of innovation and deliver design input, patterns, assets, and all other deliverables. The Innovation Designer will use a center of excellence model to set Labs up for success as demand increases.
A Typical day includes:
- Meeting with innovators across the S&I team to learn about new partnerships, innovation projects, and new businesses. You will use your diagnostic skills to help the innovator and engineer put the customer at the center of the overall product design process.
- Taking more mature ideas and start bringing them to life by using your ability to sketch, wireframe, and other techniques to start bringing ideas to life through visual aids. You will also work closely with software engineers to align on early iterations of experiments and prototypes, including hands-on HTML and CSS front end coding.
- Facilitating various meetings and workshops to conduct collaborative design sessions, such as discovery and framing, user feedback, design reviews, retrospectives, and software demonstrations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong hands-on design skills including, but not limited to, design thinking; design ideation; creative design; visual design; interaction design
- Prototyping with such tools as Invision; Adobe design suite; HTML; CSS; devices; design guides (such as the HIG)
- Copyrighting; and design inspection/quality
- Softer skills include strong communications; session facilitation; empathy; trust; flexibility; and an overall willingness to jump into any problem.
- A serious conviction towards customer advocacy and resolving customer friction through software design.
- Strong portfolio of products representative of the above skills.
Required Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in related area (graphic design, interaction/digital design, or other communications design-related field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years' experience creating top-class visual design for websites and/or other related digital multimedia
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top