Infrastructure Engineer - Storage
Infrastructure Engineer - Storage
R2637 Infrastructure Engineer - Storage (Open)
The Storage Engineer is a team member responsible for partnership in design, deployment, and daily operations including performance and capacity management of the Enterprise Storage and Backup environments.
• Develop engineering solutions that align with the service strategy and product roadmaps including EMC VMAX and Isilon and Brocade
• Work with infrastructure technical subject matter experts to plan and implement current storage technologies including a variety of drive formats (SSD, SAS, SATA), virtualization, replication for disaster recovery and test data management, cache management, and thin provisioning
• Troubleshoot storage infrastructure incidents including reduced performance and outages due to multiple causes
• Plan and execute on data protection and disaster recovery replications tactics meeting current recovery time and point objectives
• Prepare and maintain specifications and procedures detailing operation, configuration, and troubleshooting to ensure availability and uptime meeting SLAs and OLAs
• Participation in on-call rotation (24x7) and provide knowledge transfer and mentoring for Tier One and Tier Two IT Ops 7x24 support
• Minimum 8 years of experience providing infrastructure storage engineering services
• System administration and engineering experience supporting enterprise level, multi-platform storage and backup environments
• Build and maintenance expertise with current EMC and NetApp SAN and NAS platforms plus Brocade
• Build and maintenance expertise with Avamar and Data Domain
• Significant understanding of DB backup technologies for Oracle and SQL
• Understanding of enterprise networked environments and enterprise networking technologies (FC switches, LAN/WAN, load-balancer, routers, gateways, firewalls)
• Experience with virtual technologies to include: resource and storage mapping and optimization, remote management
• Ability to demonstrate mastery of technologies across a broad range of disciplines: storage, networking, server and security
• Set up and maintenance experience with health monitoring for applications and hardware
• Scripting experience/knowledge in VBScript, PowerShell and/or any other scripting language
• Demonstrated interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas through both verbal and written communication.
Understanding of hybrid Cloud computing models, with experience in vCAC, CloudStack or OpenStack
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Project leadership ability including mapping out technical and business dependencies, milestones and timelines.
Q/A test experience
Understanding of enterprise server security technologies, networking & security protocols, authentication schemes and technologies.
Experience in automating server image configuration and management.
Image customization and auditing, using shell and batch scripting to further customization, working knowledge of computer hardware, sys prep knowledge, and MS OS configuration.
Ability to implement of platform upgrades and migrations
High level of expertise in multiple system environments.
In depth knowledge of more specific platforms and the technology to support them (i.e., SAN, NAS, Messaging, SCCM, Active Directory).
Knowledge of basic ITIL framework and processes Certfication(s) in functional expertise areas such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
8+ years IT work experience working in multiple system environments
8+ years Hardware/software installation and troubleshooting
Certfication(s) in functional expertise areas such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top