Infrastructure Engineer III
Infrastructure Engineer III
R2560 Infrastructure Engineer III (Open)
Responsible for design installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer operating systems and related software. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
Defines and discerns key aspects of System Administration that have a significant technical and business impact. Receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Designs, installs, configures, and performs system testing of assigned systems or processes.
- Examples include: mobile voice/data communications, telecom/network infrastructure, servers/operating systems/utilities, security and system monitoring software/hardware.
- Coordinates, schedules, installs and test hardware and software changes.
- May also perform capacity and resource planning, risk operations risk, and create contingency plans for systems of high complexity.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new products/processes for his or her domain of expertise such as software, hardware, security, mobile communications, storage or messaging.
- Researches issues and possible problems with potential upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Develops testing and implementation plans.
- Works with other engineers to plan installations and upgrades and ensure subsequent maintenance in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors system to achieve optimum performance levels.
Proficient in platform internals, advanced debugging, and root cause analysis skills
Understanding of enterprise server security technologies, networking & security protocols, authentication schemes and technologies Ability to implement of platform upgrades and migrations
Knowledge of more specific platforms and the technology to support them (ie. SAN, NAS, Messaging, SCCM, Active Directory)
Knowledge of automating server image configuration and management.
Image customization and auditing, using shell and batch scripting to further customization, working knowledge of computer hardware, sys prep knowledge, and MS OS configuration Knowledge of basic ITIL framework and processes
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
5+ years IT work experience working in multiple system environments
Certfication(s) in functional expertise areas such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top