R1945 Infrastructure Engineer (Open)
The Telephony Engineer role is an expert advisor and advocate in the planning, direction, and coordination of the design, implementation and support of CSAA Insurance Group's Telephony systems. This includes maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing all existing Telephony hardware, software, and communication links. In addition the Telephony Engineer will be responsible for recommending technology innovation and optimization opportunities.
The Telephony Engineer must possess an expert level of knowledge of Telephony technologies and possess knowledge of a wide range of applications and systems that interface with the Telephony Platform.
Interaction with other teams within the company for a variety of company initiatives will be required. Additionally, this role will be responsible for interfacing with all levels of the Telephony team, business, and domain/enterprise architecture to influence and ensure proper telephony alignment with customer needs and enterprise direction.
The Telephony Engineer is expected to:
- Design, install, configure, monitor, and maintain assigned systems or processes.
- Mentor Telephony Engineers to ensure personnel efforts are in alignment with the overall technology direction.
- Promote a positive work environment and an attitude of operational excellence.
- Provide hands-on expertise during service impacting events.
- Provide expert level Telephony technology guidance and support for existing platforms to the team and manager.
- Work closely with Telephony Domain Architect on the planning and deployment of new and or updated Telephony technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to plan, organize and achieve coordinated objectives.
- Ability to handle stressful and difficult situations in a calm professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust focus to meet changing priorities, alteration in strategic directions and shifting customer needs.
- Ability to be on call for incident notifications and management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Has full working knowledge of principles, theories and concepts applicable to Telephony systems and services (AES, CMS, SIP, AAM, SMG/SMGR, CM, and NICE).
- Ability to influence vendors on product/service direction and resolve significant business issues.
- Relevant industry experience (Insurance or financial services).
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- 5+ years of experience on Avaya core systems.
- 5+ years of experience on Avaya adjunct systems.
- Strong background in Avaya CMS, AES, AAM, Business Advocate.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top