Identity and Access Management Information Security Consultant - Phoenix, AZ
Are you a highly skilled Information Security professional that has a passion for Security within a DevOps world? Use your expertise to help us craft the next generation of our IT Security program. You will work closely with our Application Development and Engineering & Operations teams to foster DevSecOps foundation and processes, aligning the overall security model with business goals and ongoing operations. Help us re-think what it means to be a secure insurance provider producing capabilities in a fast-changing, highly ambitious market.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us. And that includes protection from data breaches. We are growing our security team in Glendale, AZ.
The Information Security Engineer V, Directory Services in Identity and Access Management, implements methodologies and solutions that help business leaders improve the way we operate the business in order to achieve operational goals and realize our corporate strategy in innovative and secure ways. The resulting operational models consider the combined application of people, process, technology and information to improve operations and gain competitive advantage.
The IAM Engineer:
- informs peer groups of standards decisions and available solutions that implement new or improved capabilities, helping to determine what capabilities the enterprise should utilize to satisfy its Identity and Access requirements, helping to ensure that the business operates in a safe and secure fashion, while supporting other IT towers and sustaining business operations.
- implements an integrated the architecture of company business capabilities, processes, and requirements using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework and available industry standard techniques.
- provides technical consulting services, including practices, expertise, and resources to tackle business and technology challenges and help identify and manage needed process, technology or service improvements.
- defines and leads the capabilities planning, design, and engineering in support of the technical strategy. This individual also works closely with the IT Architect(s) ensuring that needed IAM capabilities are met by the most efficient, effective use of IT processes, technology and data management.
Scope of responsibilities
- Scope and execute projects for improving and/or increasing adoption of directory services, such as Active Directory and Ping Directory, across the enterprise.
- Contributes to establishing practices, standards and governance for effective IAM Services. Gather and analyze solution requirements that are complete and incorporates concerns such as operational quality, availability, maintainability, solution appropriateness, and adoption.
- Takes an active role in IAM portfolio by assessing and rationalizing implementation requirements for proposed enterprise capabilities. Supports the overall IAM capability road-map(s) based on a situational awareness of overall IT strategy, operational goals, critical challenges, and opportunities. Leads the implementation of selected solutions and develops recommendations based on business requirements.
- Functions as an expert resource to the business and other IT towers to answer or facilitate responses to business and technical related questions.
- Works with the business leaders, IT peers, and project team members to assess current capabilities and identify high-level requirements, and low level architecture.
- Monitors IAM processes/methodology to achieve team goals or objectives; determines and monitors process inefficiencies with resources and/or workflows and leads the process change to improve efficiency of workflows.
- Consults to support other IT teams on critical improvement initiatives and other business or technical challenges. Delivers measurable IAM/IT process improvements through these engagements.
- Standardize and coordinate IAM service efforts in the Operations organization. Re-engineers key processes and capabilities and ensures alignment with future-state vision.
- Leads and mentors other cross functional team members in the development of technical engineer and analyst deliverables, understanding industry best practices/standards.
- 10+ years' experience with 5+ years gained within financial services/insurance industry, or consulting firms; in depth knowledge of stated industry, of technology, and of process, such as cross-functional processes for major operational areas, project management, vendor management and solution delivery life cycle.
- Business minded and strategic thinking in order to define practical solutions that align with technical strategy.
- A broad view of business issues and strong degree of appreciation for strategy, tactical, processes, and capabilities.
- Strong process analysis and modeling skills along with direct experience converting business requirement into action oriented technical objectives and measurable results.
- Ability to apply engineering principles to high level technical solutions.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs and constraints to the technical team; applies equal conveyance regarding IT strategy, processes and work flow automation, program initiatives, IT initiatives, benefit realization, and service delivery.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
- Information Security Industry certifications (CISSP, GIAC)
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
Two weeks paid military leave.
Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Relocation assistance is available
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top