Homeowners Desk Review Specialist - Las Vegas
External candidates: In order for your application to be correctly processed please sign-in before you apply
Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click “Find Jobs” link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Questions? [email protected]
Homeowners Desk Review Specialist – Las Vegas
R1303 Homeowners Desk Review Specialist – Las Vegas (Open)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, Mt Laurel, New Jersey, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Under general direction, conducts desk review of repair estimates submitted by general contractors within the Homeowner Direct Repair Network (DRN) providers, National Mitigation/Reconstruction Program and independent adjusters. Estimates will vary from low to moderate severity and complexity.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- On a daily basis, reviews, audits and pays all center estimates, ensuring compliance with the CSAA IG estimating guidelines.
- Prepares and compiles reports based upon the review/audit results on a monthly basis.
- Handles national mitigation service provider invoice audits and issuance of service payments; depreciation release requests; and inspection fee bill audits and issuance of inspection fees.
- Resolves compliance concerns and negotiates estimates with the estimator or independent adjuster.
- Comes to agreed-upon estimate with the assigned DRN provider.
- Performs independent adjuster service fee desk audits and issues service fees.
- Settles claims with the insured.
- Explains scope of work and answers customer’s questions.
- Directs the insured to the appropriate party to get answers to other questions (e.g., CCQ, scheduling, exact repair process).
- Explains the DRN guarantee and repair process to the insured.
- Prepares reports and submits directly to Supervisor and Manager.
- Serves as CAT resource center-based POD reviewer, and acts as resource for CAT POD training.
- Provides estimate review training/side-by-side for SCS. CS and CA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficient with Xactimate repair estimating system.
Knowledgeable with CSAA IG estimating guidelines.
Ability to audit estimate in a desk review environment.
Proven customer service skills and ability to collaborate with others.
Knowledgeable with homeowner policies, procedures and CSAA IG processes.
Proficient negotiation skills.
Effective organizational and time management skills.
Understanding of fair claims settlement practices.
Understanding of home construction process and building code requirements.
Strong research skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Proficient math and computer skills.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typically 2-3 years homeowner claims experience.
1-2 years Xactimate experience
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Disaster Recovery Specialist
Barbara focuses on preparing both tools to combat cyber attacks from hackers and backup and recovery programs that can be applied in the event of a large-scale technology disaster.
Back to top