Homeowner Large Loss Supervisor
Homeowner Large Loss Supervisor
R2004 Homeowner Large Loss Supervisor (Open)
California - Home Teleworkers
Arizona - Home Teleworkers, Colorado - Home Teleworkers, Connecticut - Home Teleworkers, Delaware - Home Teleworker, Indiana - Home Teleworkers, Nevada - Home Teleworkers, New Jersey - Home Teleworkers, Oklahoma - Home Teleworkers, Pennsylvania - Home Teleworkers, Utah - Home Teleworkers
Responsible for the training/development, coaching and evaluation of the Homeowners Large Loss Staff (Both Field and Desk Adjusters). Responsible for the assignment and oversight of large and complex property losses in all states CSAA services across all territories served. The Large Loss Team works closely with the U/W, Litigation, SIU and Subrogation Departments. This position requires knowledge of multiple internal and external programs.
Essential Functions/Principal Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction to the staff within the Large Loss Unit. Responsible for conducting performance appraisals and recommending salary and personnel action including promotions and terminations.
- Recognizes employee achievements and mentors employees for individual career development.
- Monitors work loads and institutes process improvements regarding the handling of HO claims to ensure processes are consistent and applicable.
- Performs initial review and direction of new assignments and then regularly reviews the progression of the file with focus on development of a timely and accurate scope. Emphasis is placed on assuring that all files are thorough/accurately documented, that appropriate coverages are recognized/processed and that exposure to extra-contractual claims is minimized.
- Performs reviews of estimates and authority requests, providing appropriate authority recommendations to management.
- Processes payments and ensures reserves are set appropriately. Completes review and submission of the LL monthly numbers to management.
- Leads, attends and executes accurate claims alerts stemming from weekly LL Team Meeting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of multi-state and federal insurance regulations and homeowner lines of insurance, policies and products
Claims systems knowledge
Excellent negotiation and communication skills
Ability to lead, coach, mentor, evaluate, motivate and provide training, guidance and constructive feedback
Customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to supervise a virtual team effectively
Knowledge of human resource processes, procedures and regulations
Extensive knowledge of scope and cost of home repairs
Extensive knowledge of Xactimate
Thorough knowledge of property insurance law and regulations
Thorough knowledge of homeowner claims adjusting process and ability to train and mentor staff on high-complexity homeowner claims
Proficient math and computer skills
Ability to prioritize work, organize time and balance multiple projects
Effective critical-thinking and decision-making skills
Ability to develop customer service skills in others
Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends
Ability to secure information from multiple sources to make effective coverage decisions and/or recommendations on claims where resolutions may not be clear
Education, Work Experience, Licenses and Certifications
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
6-7 years of homeowner claims experience
Ability to obtain OK state license
Valid Driver's License
2-3 years of homeowner claims supervisory experience
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top