Homeowner Large Loss Specialist
Homeowner Large Loss Specialist
R2622 Homeowner Large Loss Specialist (Open)
Mt Laurel, New Jersey
Are you a Homeowner Large Loss Specialist that's passionate about resolving a customer's problem? Are you looking for a growing company that is caring and committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA Members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us the most.
As a Homeowner Large Loss Specialist, you will help us achieve our goals by working with limited supervision, being responsible for full ownership of 1st-party property losses without limit and has settlement authority up to $125,000 in structural damage. With supervision oversight, handling claims up to policy limits for all 1st-party coverages. Providing direction regarding the investigation of the loss and will work with representatives from SIU, Subrogation, Bureau Litigation and Claims Coverage Question Unit as needed in completing this task; responsible for providing recommendations to management pertinent to these losses. Additionally, working with insureds, contractors, public adjusters and attorneys to resolve highly complex claims to conclusion throughout all states where CSAA IG provides homeowner policies. Responsible for developing structural repair bids using approved estimate writing program for claims classified as large losses. May be required to respond to catastrophe situations outside of normal work area.
A typical day as a Homeowner Large Loss Specialist includes:
- Responsible for the investigation and evaluation of extremely complex, high-value property claims requiring expert knowledge of construction techniques and processes.
- Must coordinate and direct outside experts in determining the cause of loss and potential subrogation opportunities as well determining engineering issues. Extensive travel by car and/or plane.
- Handles multiple states and must understand the laws and regulations of each.
- Responsible for resolution of large complex claims that many times do not present a clear-cut solution.
- Must determine a course of action and negotiate with public adjusters and attorneys.
- Resolution may require use of experts such as attorneys or appraisers.
- Responsible for evaluation of personal property losses associated with dwelling losses.
- Determines or oversees vendors who determine damaged from undamaged property, assess repairability and price the value of each item claimed.
- Assesses building damage, determines the scope of necessary repairs and writes an estimate to rebuild the home.
- Negotiates with insureds, contractors, engineers and public adjusters to arrive at an agreed cost-of-repair.
- Consults with outside legal counsel on complex coverage issues.
- Responsible for analyzing and recommending course of action and settlement authority, presenting this information on high-value claims to Senior Management/Loss Committee for authority.
- Has a high settlement authority and the ability to make decisions involving damage assessment and evaluation.
- Participates in legal processes, including acting as Person Most Knowledgeable for Examination under oath or as representative for CSAA IG for subrogation and similar legal processes.
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level adjusters; may include training development and delivery.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a team who is dedicated to AAA members and one another. We seek out and incorporate different perspectives to drive towards better results.
- Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities.
- Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 5 years running.
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
- Proficient with Xactimate repair estimating system
- In-depth understanding of home repair process
- Understanding of multi-state policy fair claims settlement practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years homeowner claims experience
- 2-3 years experience with Xactimate or similar estimating system
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Ability to acquire DOI adjusting license in the states where required
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health care plans, including medical, dental, vision, and tax-deferred spending accounts.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY THAT WORKS
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees have enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top