Homeowner Large Loss Field Specialist
Homeowner Large Loss Field Specialist
R2010 Homeowner Large Loss Field Specialist (Open)
New Jersey - Home Teleworkers
Connecticut - Home Teleworkers, Delaware - Home Teleworker, Maryland - Home Teleworkers, Pennsylvania - Home Teleworkers, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
With limited supervision, is responsible for full ownership of 1st-party property losses without limit and has settlement authority up to $150,000 in structural damage. With supervision oversight, handles claims up to policy limits for all 1st-party coverages. Provides direction regarding the investigation of the loss and will work with representatives from SIU, Subrogation, Bureau Litigation and Claims Coverage Question Unit as needed in completing this task; responsible for providing recommendations to management pertinent to these losses. Additionally, works with insureds, contractors, public adjusters and attorneys to resolve highly complex claims to conclusion throughout all states where CSAA IG provides homeowner policies. Responsible for developing structural repair bids using approved estimate writing program for claims classified as large losses. May be required to respond to catastrophe situations outside of normal work area.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Assesses building damage, determines the scope of necessary repairs and writes an estimate to rebuild the home.
- Responsible for the investigation and evaluation of extremely complex, high-value property claims requiring expert knowledge of construction techniques and processes.
- Must coordinate and direct outside experts in determining the cause of loss and potential subrogation opportunities as well determining engineering issues. Extensive travel by car and/or plane.
- Handles multiple states and must understand the laws and regulations of each.
Responsible for resolution of large complex claims that many times do not present a clear-cut solution.
- Must determine a course of action and negotiate with public adjusters and attorneys.
- Resolution may require use of experts such as attorneys or appraisers.
- Responsible for evaluation of personal property losses associated with dwelling losses.
- Determines or oversees vendors who determine damaged from undamaged property, assess repairability and price the value of each item claimed.
- Negotiates with insureds, contractors, engineers and public adjusters to arrive at an agreed cost-of-repair.
- Consults with outside legal counsel on complex coverage issues.
- Responsible for analyzing and recommending course of action and settlement authority, presenting this information on high-value claims to Senior Management/Loss Committee for authority.
- Has a high settlement authority and the ability to make decisions involving damage assessment and evaluation.
- Participates in legal processes, including acting as Person Most Knowledgeable for Examination under oath or as representive for CSAA IG for subrogation and similar legal processes.
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level adjusters; may include training development and delivery.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficient with Xactimate repair estimating system
In-depth understanding of home repair process
In -depth knowledge of how to repair severe fire/smoke related damages.
Understanding of multi-state policy fair claims settlement practices
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Proven customer service skills
Strong negotiation skills
Effective organizational and time management skills
Ability to type 30 wpm
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
5+ years homeowner claims experience
2-3 years experience with Xactimate or similar estimating system
Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
Ability to acquire DOI adjusting license in the states where required
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top