Homeowner Field Specialist - Lexington, KY
Are you an outstanding Homeowner Field Specialist that's passionate about solving customers' problems? If so, consider starting your career with us. We are looking for compassionate and committed people like you who provide uncommon service. Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, join us at the CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in Lexington, Kentucky.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication, growth and our people, you will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
Under general direction, you will investigates the loss, document the cause, photograph and inspects dwelling and other structure and personal property losses. Provide scope of repair. Write repair bid via an electronic estimating system. Settle dwelling and other structure losses with the insured. Through the investigation, provide documentation to support coverage analysis to be completed by Homeowner Claims Adjusters, Homeowner Claims Specialists and Senior Homeowner Claims Specialists.
A typical day includes:
- You'll receive task assignments while communicating and coordinating with the owning adjuster.
- Contacting and meeting with the insured or 3rd party to photograph and inspect all damaged dwelling, other structures and personal property.
- Determine the scope of repairs. Prepares a repair bid using Xactimate estimating system.
- Come to an agreed cost of repair with the insured, and possibly Direct Repair Network (DRN) or insured's contractor.
- Follow the repair process to conclusion.
- With the assistance of experts where needed, ensure that the cause of the loss is thoroughly investigated and identified.
- Settle and pay dwelling or other structure damages once the coverage analysis is completed.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others, and formal education opportunities
- Be a part of an organization dedicated to AAA members and one another.
- Join a team who seeks out and incorporates different perspectives to drive towards better results
- Work at a place where you are encouraged to actively display empathy and concern for our customers
- Work within an organization that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 5 years running
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Proven customer service skills
- Experience in handling multiple homeowner state policies and understanding of fair claims settlement practices and building codes as needed
- Knowledge of and writing skills in Xactimate repair estimating system
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Kentucky insurance license required and ability to acquire DOI adjusting license in the states, where required
- Requires ability to lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders, bending and kneeling and accessing crawlspaces and attics of homes as assignment requires
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years homeowner claims experience
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top