Homeowner Field Adjuster - Marin County
Are you an outstanding Homeowner Field Adjuster that's passionate about solving customers' problems? If so, consider starting your career with us. We are looking for compassionate and committed people like you who provide uncommon service. Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, join us at the CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, within Marin County.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication, growth and our people, you will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
Under general direction, you will investigates the loss, document the cause, photograph and inspects dwelling and other structure and personal property losses. Provide scope of repair. Write repair bid via an electronic estimating system. Settle dwelling and other structure losses with the insured. Through the investigation, provide documentation to support coverage analysis to be completed by Homeowner Claims Adjusters, Homeowner Claims Specialists and Senior Homeowner Claims Specialists.
A typical day working within the field includes:
- Receives task assignment and communicates and coordinates with the owning adjuster. Contacts and meets with the insured or 3rd party to photograph and inspect all damaged dwelling, other structures and personal property.
- Determines scope of repairs. Prepares a repair bid using Xactimate estimating system. Comes to an agreed cost of repair with the insured, and possibly Managed Network or insured's contractor. Follows the repair process to conclusion.
- With the assistance of experts where needed, ensures that the cause of the loss is thoroughly investigated and identified.
- Settles and pays dwelling or other structure damages once the coverage analysis is completed.
- Coordinates with owning adjusters to determine coverage, subrogation potential and salvage retention.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Collaborate. Be a phenomenal partner dedicated to superior customer service.
- Volunteer. Have the opportunity to participate in volunteer service projects.
- Watch this video and check out one of our winning volunteers have to say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxWlFy4vcK0
- Grow. Receive paid training and support by your supervisors while growing your skills and your career.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Proven customer service skills
- Experience in handling multiple homeowner state policies and understanding of fair claims settlement practices and building codes as needed
- Knowledge of and writing skills in Xactimate repair estimating system
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- **Requires ability to lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders, bending and kneeling and accessing crawlspaces and attics of homes as assignment requires
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years homeowner claims experience
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic companion. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and have satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident through our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community and one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top