Digital Staff Engineer
- Glendale, AZ
Would you like to work multi-functionally to drive innovation at a 100+ year-old brand? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Glendale, AZ office.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
Why join us?
- Impact. Join us in reinventing CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer and deliver solutions across 23 states and the District of Columbia. Work and learn alongside your Team Members at start-up speed and agility to create real and meaningful change
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, both annual and long-term lucrative performance bonuses, benefits, and 401(k) Company match with additional discretionary contribution potential.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: respect, integrity, teamwork, and service
What you'll do:
- Be a lead technical resource on the Digital Engineering team, building CSAA's next generation of customer facing web & mobile applications.
- Deliver durable, high-quality software in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in support of multiple agile release trains, epics and scrum teams providing technical oversight and leadership to embedded software engineers.
- Provide technical analysis, design, code, and automate in support of program and project deliverables.
- Participate in estimation sessions, design sessions, implementation plans, and resolve technical issues as needed.
- Deliver clear, pragmatic solutions with applicability to meet immediate business needs.
- Contribute to code reviews, ensuring appropriate unit test coverage is in place.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Assist team in achieving high degrees of automation using well established DevOps and Agile practices.
- Ensure that technical solutions are aligned with Enterprise Architecture and applications and systems are built for uninterrupted availability, meet performance requirements, future extensibility, multiple system integrations, long-term growth and low-maintenance support.
- Ensure that technical and quality standards are enforced throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers and assist in onboarding of new team members.
- Advocate technical direction, define best practices and principles for Digital Engineering.
- Work close functionally with other teams including Integrations, Policy Administration, Claim Administration, and Product to drive strategic business capabilities.
What you've done:
- Experience using code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Sonar
- Experience designing and implementing Single Page Applications
- Experience working with Continuously Deployed applications
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with web optimization techniques
- Experience in building applications deployed in AWS
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation.
- Provide technical leadership to drive the continued adoption of DevOps and cloud enterprise solutions.
- Drive best practices in Site Reliability Engineering and insure Secure, Scalable, Performant, and Highly Available Service.
- Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving & scaling digital applications.
- Identify, plan, and implement improvements to deployment/release pipelines.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in building web & mobile applications.
- Demonstrated mastery of software development best practices, including code standards, cod reviews, source control mgt, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Working experience of Cloud architectures, services, and DevOps practices within AWS.
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired information detail.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Experience with highly transactional account and payment related websites.
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points and external Third Party systems through APIs.
- Ability to work within shifting priorities and tight timelines.
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma.
Let's work together
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top