Delivery Solutions Manager
Delivery Solutions Manager
R874 Delivery Solutions Manager (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you looking for a growing company that is caring and committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, California headquarters.
While we've been named a best place to work, our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA Members. Through our commitment to service, growth and people, CSAA Insurance Group aspires to be the number one insurer in AAA Member households in the markets we serve.
As a Delivery Solutions Manager, you will ultimately be responsible for delivering high quality, innovative telematics and connected technology solutions that meet the defined business requirements and do so on time and on budget.
- Directly supervises the Business/Systems Analysts who are responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of on-going telematics and connected solutions programs supporting the business in achieving strategic goals.
- Ability to problem solve, lead and provide decisions from the business perspective as appropriate, coordinating activities between IT and business, while collaborating with stakeholders across the entire organization, to work through obstacles to execution velocity or initiative success
- Empowered to make decisions on behalf of the business and advisor to application and IT partners regarding solutions that will meet or exceed the demands of the business, driving the translation of business needs into solutions spanning appropriate technology areas.
- Drive and be able to support the transition from a waterfall to an agile methodology, ultimately assuming the role of Product Owner
- Leader, responsible for successful planning and execution of all telematics work streams through every stage of the software development life cycle (SDLC)/product development life cycle (PDLC) starting with ideation and business requirements through final release and deployment.
- Assessment (Ideation) and Business requirements: ensures analysts, business stakeholders, SMEs and solution architects produce clear business requirements complete and detailed enough to enable solutioning to occur, adhering to and helping define intake requirements
- Solutioning: Ensures that solution architects produce solutions and estimates aligned with business requirements in detail and intent. Business decision maker as to which solution best matches the requirements and available budget. Makes sure that output of solutioning group are complete and in a form appropriate for IT to convert into functional requirements. Act as liaison between these parties to facilitate clarification when needed.
- Partner with IT to make sure work streams traverse efficiently through the functional requirements, development, and QA stages. Liaison between parties when questions arise or clarification is needed
- Develop and execute UAT plans as needed and appropriate
- Manage production release process and timing on behalf of the business
- Identify or assign ownership for each stage of SDLC/PDLC, support these resources and hold them accountable for their areas of responsibility
- Support owners of each stage of the SDLC/PDLC while driving process to improve efficiency and throughput.
- Ensure alignment and common understanding exists between delivering and receiving parties, within the organization, at each of the stages of the SDLC/PDLC as it pertains to deliverables and expectations
- Develops and continually improves the internal SDLC/PDLC processes, tools and methodologies
- Fosters and promotes innovative thinking across initiatives
- Mentors team, helping them to develop skills and capabilities in support of their professional growth in their respective areas
- Manage and develop processes for maintaining and prioritizing backlogs coming from various demand sources. Be the liaison for these parties of the organization, understanding their requirements.
- Represent the business, responsible for establishing and deciding priorities of backlogs and which work is assigned to IT. Manage backlog priorities between the portfolio and ops helping maintain proper allocation in order to maximize results while working with program manager to control budget.
- Make sure final deliverables match the initial business requirements in both specification and intent
- Have experience, sufficient level of expertise and ability to deep dive at all stages of SDLC/PDLC.
- Design and execute UATs and drive production side testing as appropriate
- Works directly with program and project managers to align schedules and plans, including defining deliverables, resources required, timelines, risk mitigation, task dependencies, and other project considerations. Leverages both internal and external resources to meet deliverable, timeline and budget expectations. Provides regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Fulfill traditional change management responsibilities at the program level and develop communications plans across stakeholders, both internal and external, accordingly
- Ensures all analytics needs and instrumentation are incorporated into the business requirements
- Defines and ensures that all related reporting requirements are met.
- Expert program and project management competence and skills
- Expert analytical, planning, problem solving and solution design skills
- Ability to evaluate the market, perform competitive analysis and develop relevant business plan.
- Ability to discern between best theoretical solutions and best realistic solutions
- Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multi-functional initiatives
- Strong communication abilities applied throughout all key levels in the organization, including both verbal and written communications
- Ability to provide direction and perform responsibilities via influence (as opposed to line management authority)
- Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of consulting or related experience, specifically around evaluating and driving consumer facing connected technology solutions and substantial interaction with senior executives
- Experience driving initiatives in both waterfall and agile environments
- 6+ years of program/project management experience
- Advanced degree in related area
- Experience with both large enterprises and startups
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top