Claims Solutions and Business Architecture Manager
Claims Solutions and Business Architecture Manager
R1661 Claims Solutions and Business Architecture Manager (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
The Claims Solutions and Business Architecture Manager is responsibility to lead business analysis efforts within the organization to support the identification of business and/or business process needs and determine solutions to business problems. Serves as a consultant to senior management and executive team in developing solutions to difficult problems. Highly specialized knowledge and skills.
- Manages business analysts and/or business process consultants engaged in projects to assure successful and ongoing analytics, recommendations and integration of business processes.
- Leads process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives in order to arrive at best practices.
- Provides/recommends and reviews solutions, short and long term strategies and actions to executive management and alerts them to significant issues or opportunity trends.
- Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multifunctional efforts in business data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with business process and procedures, etc.
- Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure efficient operation of the function.
- Ensures that policies, procedures and deliverables align with corporate vision.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Advanced analytical skills to effectively identify problems and develop solutions
- Advanced organizational skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Experience working with operational measures and models, business planning, cost/benefit analysis, and senior level analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of CSAA business strategy
- Ability to lead and provide training and guidance to others
- Excellent communication skills. Strong facilitation and presentation experience.
- Excellent coaching, leadership and management skills
- Understanding of P&Ls and other financial reporting
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate across functions
- Solid understanding of business process analysis, design and engineering methodologies and practices and ability to manage others to achieve results
- Expert research and investigation skills
- Ability to use Visio, MS Project, Excel (including pivot tables) and other desktop applications
- Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience conducting financial and/or business analysis, business process design or related experience
- 5+ years of supervisory or management experience
- Advanced degree in related area
- P&C Insurance Background; preferably in Claims
- Familiarity or use of Guidewire's ClaimCenter Platform
Core - Customer Focus (Leading), Core - Innovation (Leading), Core - Knowing the Business (Leading), Core - Results Orientation (Leading), Core - Teamwork & Collaboration (Leading), Functional - Problem Solving (Leading), Functional - Process Improvement (Leading), Functional - Systems Evaluation (Leading), Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Business Process Analysis and Documentation including Current State Process, Current State Performance and Metrics, Issues, Disconnects, Opportunities, Root Cause Analysis, Business Case Development, Future State Design Specifications, Future State Design of Process Metrics, Process Planning and Management, Detailed Design and Implementation of process improvements.
Project Planning and Management
Excellent analytical skills to assess problems and develop solutions/improvements.
Excellent general management and leadership skills.
Excellent strategic, organizational and problem solving skills.
Advanced project management/facilitation skills.
Expert leadership and coaching skills.
Expert business acumen.
Expert knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts applicable to process engineering and ability to manage others to achieve results.
Expert research and investigation skills Visio, MS Project, Excel (inc. Pivot Tables), other desktop applications.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
BS/BA degree in related area or equivalent industry experience.
10+ years business process redesign.
10+ years previous experience in a management consulting experience with a consulting firm managing other consultants with broad responsibility for results.
5+ years executive level leadership and management experience.
Advanced degree in related area, Leadership - Building Talent (Leading), Leadership - Company Stewardship (Leading), Leadership - Influence (Leading), Leadership - Strategic Visioning (Leading)
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top