R1992 Casualty Supervisor (Open)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Supervises 1st party injury cases without Liability injury (Medical Pay, Accidental Death Benefits, High Limits.) Supervises Auto low to moderate complexity liability injury cases. Potentially supervises Personal Injury Protection claims. Evaluates coverage questions and provides decisions associated with approval. Evaluates and provides guidance and settlement authority on cases above representative's authority. Manages First Notice Of Loss injury queue. Supervises claims in multiple states. Could act as claims Liaison in partner states to build and maintain relationships with partner clubs.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
Participates in Personnel activities in cooperation with the Manager and Human Resources:
- Communicates and enforces administrative policies and operating procedures.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedures.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals and recommending salary actions including promotions and terminations.
- Recognizes employee achievement and counsels employee on performance issues.
Company Claims Procedures:
- Ensures compliance of company procedures and Department Of Insurance (DOI) regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring DOI and Customer complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Sets and monitors required goals and targets for the staff in support of the Enterprise, Divisional and department strategy.
- Monitors workload and reviews claims to ensure quality processing.
- Ensures consistent and high quality service levels; consistent ongoing monitoring of customer service levels and service quality improvement.
- Oversees the investigation, processing and conclusion of all claims.
- Reviews files with adjuster for authority.
- Performs Quality Assurance Reports (QARS).
- Works collaboratively with other departments on projects and offers assistance with expertise.
- Manages the casualty phone queue.
- Participates in Committee Review Process (Medical Payment and authority ).
- Oversees the use of internal and external resources to effectively manage costs.
- Trains, coaches, mentors employees for their individual career development.
- Monitors staff to support warm transfers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires thorough knowledge of staffing processes.
Position requires effective critical thinking & decision making.
Requires the ability to lead, coach, mentor, evaluate, motivate and provide training, guidance and constructive feedback.
Monitors staff to support (person-to-person) warm transfers.
Participates in Committee Review Process ( medical payment and settlement authority).
Has thorough knowledge of Auto policies (multiple states), claim procedures, DOI regulations and can work on multiple claims platforms.
Responsible for conducting performance appraisals and recommending salary actions including promotions and terminations.
Ability to travel.
Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends.
General knowledge of human resource processes and procedures.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
BA/BS in business, insurance or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 - 3 years experience in progressively responsible professional and/or supervisory position within a claims environment.
Experience in handling simple to complex Liability claims
Valid Automobile Operators license
AIC (Associate in Claims) certificate; CPCU (research)
Licensing in multiple states
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top