Casualty Specialist - Las Vegas
External candidates: In order for your application to be correctly processed please sign-in before you apply
Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click “Find Jobs” link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Questions? [email protected]
Casualty Specialist – Las Vegas
R1306 Casualty Specialist – Las Vegas (Open)
Handles 1st party injury cases without Liability injury (Medical Pay, Accidental Death Benefits, High Limits). Dependant upon level of proficiency, Handles Auto low to moderate complexity 1st and 3rd party injury cases reserved up to 25k. Potentially handles Personal Injury Protection claims. First Priority in First Notice Of Loss queue (approx. 95%). As applicable, may own claims of less complexity when supporting catastrophes. Handles claims in multiple states
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Works in call center environment. External communication completed in writing, by telephone and by electronic means (e.g., e-mail).
- Assigned as Owning/Adjuster when injury exposure is identified.
- Handles simple to moderate 1st and 3rd party auto cases involving injury.
- Handles 1st party Medical payment and Uninsured Motorists claims including ADB (Auto Death Benefit) claims.
- Handles liability injury claims.
- Assists in catastrophes and/or injury phone queue.
- Potentially handles Personal Injury Protection and Out of State claims.
- 1st Priority in First Notice of Loss casualty queue.
- Responsible for handling, managing, investigating, negotiating, settling and/or resolving complex claims with exposure valued less than $25,000, with minimal supervision.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Making coverage determinations and advising customers as to proper course of action related to coverage issues.
- Conducting investigative work of a complex nature (interviewing witnesses; obtaining and analyzing evidence, including medical records; deciding whether an independent medical examination is warranted; etc.).
- Making liability determinations.
- Evaluating potential for subrogation and initiating initial notice of subrogation request.
- Developing negotiating strategies.
- Negotiating with claimant or claimant’s attorneys.
- Making final decisions to settle within settlement authority, without supervisory approval.
- Presenting cases in Committee setting when seeking above settlement authority level; thereafter, independently negotiating and settling the claim.
- Paid training
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteerism
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Membership and insurance discounts
- $ for $ match up to 6% on your 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for advancement
- Complete sponsorship for obtaining your adjusters license
- On-site Wellness Programs
Core – Customer Focus (Developing), Core – Innovation (Developing), Core – Knowing the Business (Developing), Core – Results Orientation (Developing), Core – Teamwork & Collaboration (Developing), Functional – Insurance Policy Understanding & Knowledge of Legal/Regulatory Requirements (Developing), Functional – Negotiation (Developing), Functional – Time Management (Developing), Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
Strong ability to work independently.
Strong decision making ability.
Strong customer service orientation.
Basic math and computer skills and ability to type 30 wpm.
Proficient oral and written communication skills and good command of the English language.
Ability to function in a team environment.
Ability to successfully complete training courses pertinent to job duties.
Developing understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements.
Developing understanding of AAA claims policies and procedures preferred.
Ability to travel on rare occasions.
Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
BA/BS in business, insurance or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-3 years of claims experience
Bilingual a plus
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Disaster Recovery Specialist
Barbara focuses on preparing both tools to combat cyber attacks from hackers and backup and recovery programs that can be applied in the event of a large-scale technology disaster.
Back to top