R1878 Attorney III (Open)
This attorney will be expected to be the senior attorney in a 2 lawyer office, defending AAA insureds up to and including trial and appeal. Duties will also include representation of CSAA IG in first party matters and provision of legal advice to CSAA IG claims personnel and insureds in non-litigated matters.
Provides legal advice, counsel and representation for insureds and/or CSAA IG before courts or arbitration panels and advises company employees in their handling of claim matters. Prepares legal pleadings, motions, statements, trial briefs, etc. Appears and advocates on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds. Conducts all phases of personal injury litigation including jury trials, motions, and arbitration hearings. Possesses specialized knowledge and experience in area of expertise, as well as general knowledge of insurance principles and legal developments affecting the insurance industry. Uses professional concepts to resolve complex issues. Uses independent judgment on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds. Receives light scrutiny on current work assignments.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Applies independent analysis and judgment to prepare legal pleadings, motions, statements, trial briefs, etc. with close coordination and input from claims specialists.
- Appears and advocates on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds.
- Conducts all phases of personal injury litigation including jury trials, motions, and arbitration hearings.
- Is assigned and responsible for the most complex and/or highest value cases.
- Works on and responsible for handling complex legal matters or projects including matters not in litigation.
- Serves as a resource for assigned legal disciplines and resolves major issues within legal specialty area with considerable independence.
- Anticipates and advises on potential legal issues significantly impacting insurance and motor club operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of personal injury law and procedure.
- Knowledge with general liability insurance coverage and CSAA IG policies.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an organized and timely manner.
- Computer skills, MS office, online research tools such as WESTLAW.
- Knowledge of medical - legal issues pertaining to tort law.
- Understands the legal implications of information found in medical records.
- Knowledge of current law and issues within area of specialty.
- Ability to manage heavy workload of complex cases with a high degree of efficiency.
- Ability to advocate creatively, persuasively and effectively.
- The ability to think and act independently in a client's best interest.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal ethics.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Advanced degree in related area that Requires law degree and passing of bar exam.
- Certification(s) and/or licensure(s) in functional area and License from state of practice required.
- 8+ years experience in insurance defense practice preferred.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top