Application Developer for Innovation & Engineering
Application Developer for Innovation & Engineering
R2592 Application Developer for Innovation & Engineering (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you a high-energy self-starter that's charismatic, passionate and committed to developing our IT infrastructure? Are you looking for a growing company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA Members. Through our commitment to service, growth and people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As an Application Developer for Innovation & Engineering, you will collaborate with other dedicated self-starters who ambitiously want to help our extraordinary IT team by designing, developing and programming methods, models, processes and systems of diverse scope to consolidate and analyze diverse data. As a seasoned, experienced professional with a full grasp of this specialized area, you'll be given the opportunity to generate actionable insights and solutions to help business leaders and clients make optimal data led decisions.
A TYPICAL DAY AS AN APPLICATION DEVELOPER FOR INNOVATION & ENGINEERING INCLUDES:
- Identifying meaningful insights from large data sources.
- Performing complex statistical analysis to interpret, quantify and validate trends or patterns.
- Communicating insights and findings from analysis to business partners.
- Typically uses well-established statistical models.
- Contributing to multi-functional analytics projects from beginning to end.
- Developing relationships with partner teams.
- Helps frame and structure questions as well as collect and analyze data.
- May help summarize key insights in support of decision-making.
- Working with developers to strategize on the definition and development of data acquisition processes and to implement analytics solutions.
- Actively seeking new statistical tools, technology, models and standards for possible use with CSAA core businesses. Periodically presents findings to peers.
- Verifying model and algorithm effectiveness through ongoing tracking, monitoring and evaluation of results in consultation with more senior Data Scientists, business partners and clients.
- Developing and maintains consultative relationships with key business partners.
AS A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR COMMUNITY, YOU WILL:
- Join a team who has put our caring value into practice for more than 100 years.
- Work at a place that develop skills where you will acquire a range of skills that can provide a variety of methods to serve our policyholders.
- Achieve career growth by progressing through career paths and growing your business and insurance expertise through in-house courses, certification programs and tuition reimbursement.
- Work in an environment that supports health and well-being, enhanced quality of life and supports a culture of opportunities.
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced analytics skills
- Advanced tools knowledge (e.g., SAS, Revolutionary R, other systems)
- Statistical modeling expertise with ability to create effective predictive models
- Good eye for business and knowledge of business processes and CSAA operations and goals
- Technical curiosity and IT knowledge
- Solid problem solving skills to include non-traditional creative solutions in various situations
- Inquisitive orientation
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of data mining, predictive modeling and data evaluation techniques
- Details driven with strong organizational skills
- Proficient project management skills
- Deep understanding of the mining and analysis of large corpora of structured and semi-structured data; ability to manipulate large amounts of data from various sources in order to identify relevant observations, trends and patterns to address business questions
- Strong knowledge in the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling, pattern recognition, information retrieval, experimental design, search ranking and entity resolution
- Knowledge of distributed and real-time stream computing solutions and ability to demonstrate them towards gaining faster insights from data
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and the ability to interface effectively with engineering teams
- Solid communication skills
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in STEM field or Bachelor's degree with an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Typically 3+ years of quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience
- Solid experience with applying data science and tools to large and diverse data sets
- Solid background in machine learning and information retrieval with experience managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation and online testing with TB to Peta bytes size data sets. Experience using machine-learning techniques: clustering, regression, classification, graphical models and mixture models.
- Dataset experience in document, graph, log data and semi-structured data
- Experience with closed loop, self-updating/self-learning model frameworks; distributed version control systems such as git or team SVN; and performing basic tasks with the Linux command line interface
- Proven track record of delivering high quality analytics guidance and solutions
- Experience in insurance or financial services data along with bringing to bear third-party relevant structured and unstructured data
CSAA INSURANCE GROUP OFFERS MANY BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- As a high-energy self-starter, you'll have an opportunity to obtain Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY THAT WORKS
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. And to every one of our 3,800 employees, we promise to foster an inclusive work environment dedicated to AAA Members, our communities-and our people. Learn more about us.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top