API/Microservices/AWS Software Engineer
- Glendale, AZ
We are actively hiring for an API/Microservices/AWS Software Engineer! Join us and support CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, in achieving our goals.
We are looking for motivated, innovative individuals, who think big and move fast with a passion for service excellence.
We are looking for an Application Developer that's passionate about Innovation and Engineering
- Be involved in designing and building services in a continuous delivery model on a cloud platform.
- Partner with leads and architects to help establish a technical vision and deliver innovative services which are consistent, maintainable, and highly scalable for various commerce experiences.
- Work within microservices architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using Java.
- Work in a distributed/cloud-based environment, including Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes with high transaction volumes.
- Use data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns.
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Use modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Practice full DevOps to ensure a culture of testing and releasing software on Amazon Web Services continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Leverage NoSQL using Amazon Web Services to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance.
- Deliver software in a Scrum development process.
- Perform technical code reviews and pair programming.
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable.
What would make us excited about you
- Designing and developing microservices using spring boot
- Java/J2EE, Python or NodeJS
- REST Webservices/GraphQL
- Requirements Gathering
- AWS Native Services like Lambda
- Databases, including SQL and NoSQL
- Monitoring tools including New Relic, Splunk
- Apache Camel Messaging Services or ESB experiance
- Kubernetes, OpenShift, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- AWS build tools, including Jenkins & Maven
- UML & Design Patterns
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering.
- Experience: 3-5 years of overall progressive experience in software engineering.
Why join us
- Make a difference. We don't just go to work. We're a team of employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each other.
- Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do honorable work, and we live our core beliefs.
- Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part of our dynamic team at: Benefits (aaa.com)
Let's work together
Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact TalentAcquisition@csaa.com.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado. If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of $89,760-$105,600 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 8% of eligible pay.
Company benefit offerings include: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Account (HSA) which includes company contributions, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Reimbursement Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Reimbursement Account), comprehensive Wellness Program including an activity portal and activities, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Transit Commuter Account Program, 401(k) Plan with company match on first 6% of eligible pay that employee contributes each year 100% vested, 401(k) Plan annual profit sharing contribution 100% vested, company paid Life Insurance (at 2x the annual salary), Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Short-and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off (Non-Exempt positions only), Flexible Time Off (Exempt positions only), ten paid holidays per calendar year, Adoption Assistance Program, Infant Car Seat Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Enrichment Time of up to 40 hours per year to be used toward the categories of culture, development, volunteerism, or wellness.
Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by location. We reserve the right to amend benefit offerings at any time and compensation will be determined at time of offer.
Back to top