Agile Portfolio Management
Agile Portfolio Management
R2934 Agile Portfolio Management (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As an Agile Portfolio Management Consultant you will support the Portfolio Management Office functions and processes of enterprise portfolio and operational planning, roadmaps/plan development, maintenance and performance, portfolio governance, risk mitigation, benefits development and realization.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities:
Planning - You will set up and mature dynamic Program Portfolio and Operational planning processes in support of agile business plans and changes to deliver the highest priority strategic and business outcomes. You will implement redesign processes for on-going dynamic planning to support full spectrum of approaches - waterfall to design thinking to agile. You will form relationships among enterprise and divisional business executives to ensure alignment of operational strategies. You will provide detailed business, portfolio management services to support achievement of business' strategies through high quality program delivery including the business case development with metrics to measure benefits and success-Develops on-going investment prioritization approach and methodology in the development of plans and funding approaches. Through the use of roadmaps and cross capabilities views, you will improve visibility of investments needed for the maturation of strategic capabilities.
Governance - You support portfolio governance especially in an agile environment and tracking of business and program critical metrics. You will identify and apply extensive analysis and improvement tools and methods in support of governance and reporting. Identifies approaches for development, management and monitoring of business outcomes/metrics for a traditional and agile portfolio. Uses advanced business analysis and improvement methods, tools and techniques as well as project and change management and consulting skills to support large projects. Address large scale/highly complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of business, process and people factors. Identifies portfolio risk through reviews preliminary programming of projects based on interdependencies, business priorities and capacity. Identifies cross-business unit collaboration opportunities.
Road Mapping Development - You will establishes and maintains roadmaps (strategic, capabilities, other) to assist in plan development, clarity of roadmap performance and changes, and required work to mature required business capabilities. You will work with program and project leadership to define program/project scope and validates capabilities that integrate across projects. Identifies options and provides recommendations as well additional resources and/or the implementation of solutions across a wide variety of services such as business strategy, marketing, financial and management controls, human resources, information technology, digital and operations.
Other Portfolio Management Functions - You will be responsible for a variety which ranges from activities in support of Portfolio Center of Excellence standards development, communication and tools, and others t be determined.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in strategic and capabilities roadmaps development and maintenance
- Experience with funding and governance around benefit realization and performance tracking of agile efforts
- Understands initiatives investment and prioritization methodologies, especially around agile efforts
- Understands cost and benefit analyses and provides observations and recommendations based on industry standard methodologies.
- Highly collaborative orientation, with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of design thinking, lean and agile approaches
- Ability to effectively consult on business improvement methods
- Strong consulting, presentation and persuasion skills
- Advanced business insight and knowledge of standard methodologies in the area of business operations, practices and processes
- Ability to lead teams in complex project work
- Advanced knowledge of change management concepts and practices
- Exceptional analytical, planning, problem solving and solution design skills
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of consulting or related experience, including experience consulting on improving and optimizing business operations and processes
- 6+ years of program/project management experience
- Agile experience
- Previous experience in a management consulting firm
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at TalentAcquisition@csaa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top