2017 Summer Internship - Actuarial Analyst
2017 Summer Internship – Actuarial Analyst
R1013 2017 Summer Internship – Actuarial Analyst (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
CSAA Insurance Group is one of the largest personal automobile and homeowner insurance carriers in Northern California, insuring more than 1 out of every 5 drivers in the Bay Area. Within the last decade, we have expanded nationally to write business in 23 states across the United States. As a member organization, we seek to provide the greatest value to our members with not only outstanding products, but also world-class service.
This year, we are looking for highly-motivated individuals looking to kick-start their careers in our 10-week, paid summer internship program within our Actuarial & Analytics department. As an intern, you will gain experience working with large data sets, and using statistical analysis to recommend improvements to company operations in various ways, such as improving product performance, optimizing company expenses, and maintaining pricing algorithms. You will also collaborate with multiple departments to solve problems.
- Current college student entering 3rd year or graduate student
- Major in a quantitative discipline, such as actuarial science, statistics, applied mathematics, mathematics, computer science, economics, and finance
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong communication skills
- Calculus and statistics coursework
- Able to take large amounts of data and synthesize information into concise pieces of analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with advanced functions in Microsoft Excel and/or Excel VBA
- Advanced statistical software experience (R, SPSS, SAS)
- One or more CAS actuarial exams passed
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Disaster Recovery Specialist
Barbara focuses on preparing both tools to combat cyber attacks from hackers and backup and recovery programs that can be applied in the event of a large-scale technology disaster.
Back to top