Jr. Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re one of the hottest funded, NYC-based companies providing the loyalty and engagement solutions for industry leading brands such as Pepsi, Zumiez, Proctor & Gamble, Lancôme, Nestlé Purina, and others. Our software helps build more profitable and active relationships with customers, uses advanced analytics to deliver a deeper understanding of how customers engage across channels, and drives a measurable increase in high value behaviors and spend. We're relaxed, experienced, hard-driving, and changing our industry.
We're looking for organized, critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in testing and coordinating the QA effort across the CrowdTwist platform.The Jr. QA Engineer should have a passion for testing and will work in creation of test scenarios, development and execution of test cases, analysis of test results, detection and documentation of defects, and validation of fixes. Our team practices agile, fast-paced development that relies heavily on a tight relationship between product, development and QA teams.
- Create detailed, and well-structured test plans and test cases.Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities to meet project deadlines. Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
Facilitate end-to-end testing, working directly with developers.
Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle, previous experience working in Agile environment is preferred.
Review requirements specifications, attend sprint grooming and planning meetings to provide timely and meaningful feedback wherever applicable.
Highly effective collaborator and experience working across multiple departments such as Engineering, Product, Client Success, etc.
Represent QA during story definition to ensure that QA team has provided input and achieved understanding of any new features before development completion
Ability to troubleshoot issues and help developers, product or client success.
Participate in release management; available for testing for code releases and smoking testing.
Self starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
2-4 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field; advanced degree a plus.
Experience with Java or another object-oriented programming language
Experience with browser (Selenium/Webdriver) automation, understanding object oriented concepts, using Linux command line. Proficiency with browser debugging tools (e.g. Chrome Developer Tools ) to augment defect reporting
Experience using a REST client tools like Postman, Runscope or Soap client like Soap UI to test APIs.
Experience using test case management system like TestRail , Test Complete or Test Lodge.
Experience using JIRA and, Atlassian suite.
Excellent communication & documentation skills.
Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
Good understanding of Github or similar version control tools like SVN or CVS.
Experience with cross browser testing, mobile testing, black box testing.
- Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits package including fully paid Medical, Dental & Vision plans for employees & their dependents!
- Stock options for all employees!
- We bring toys to the office but still think the most fun thing to do is build product
- Collaborative work environment that fosters bonds beyond the workplace
- We treat our people well with employee recognition programs and referral bonuses
- Better than average team building activities such as paintball, go cart racing, shuffleboard, organized sporting teams and off-site retreats.
- Provide lunches, drinks and snacks so our team can be hungry for other things
- Learn from and teach each other at CrowdTwist U
- Dog friendly office environment
Note: VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION
Take a peek inside our office here: http://bit.ly/12hfxva
Meet Some of CrowdTwist's Employees
Head of Human Resources
Lu crafts engaging experiences for CrowdTwist’s employees to connect and develop together. Broadly speaking, she works on a range of administrative and HR tasks.
Back to top