Crowdtap is a fast-growing, profitable, VC-backed startup that has been named one of the top 3 places to work in Marketing & Advertising in 2015 by Fortune Magazine. Our platform makes it easy for Fortune 500 brands to inspire consumers to create authentic content, drive unmatched social advocacy, and access real-time insights.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Freelance UX Designer to effectively facilitate the UX/UI process, design, and product usability of our products. Someone who can develop thoughtful solutions and digital interfaces based on principles of design and usability while taking into consideration the unique needs of each engagement channel. In this role, your work will help redefine the way people connect with their favorite brands to make the products they use everyday, better.
A Little About You:
- You're a champion for customer-centric design principles.
- Lead initiatives from discovery, testing and through delivery
- Create and maintain design guidelines, process improvements, toolkits, etc., and foster a user-centered culture
- Work collaboratively within a small cross-functional product and engineering teams to produce best practice, world-class design solutions mapping to user needs and business objectives
- Work in an Agile/Lean UX environment and partner with product, engineering and business teams to develop smart design solutions that drive the product forward
- Rapidly develop concepts and prototypes to test/learn
- Keep up with relevant industry trends and apply new ideas as appropriate
What We'd Like to See:
- At least 2-3 years experience as a UX designer at a consumer-focused tech or media company - designing for mobile is a plus (i.e. a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design)
- You are a great designer and strategic thinker who can deliver end-to-end user experiences with equal emphasis on customer needs and business goals
- You are not afraid to tackle multiple projects to successful completion in an organized, self-directed manner. You like a fast-paced environment
- You are an excellent communicator and are insanely excited about your work and know how to spread enthusiasm
- You are open to feedback and know how to defend your design choices without losing your cool
What We'd Love to See:
Please include a link to your online portfolio
Provide a brief explanation of why you are perfect for this role
About the team: At Crowdtap, every team member spends every day moving the business forward together, from engineering to business development. We love what we do, and we like each other a lot. Every Crowdtapper has an entrepreneurial attitude, a love for problem solving, collaborating, and lots of hustle. We are humble, positive, hilarious and have a genuine love for getting things done! Not to mention our perks (snacks, dog-friendly office, insane parties). We are incredibly proud of our award winning culture.