#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We work on large scale distributed systems, processing over 1 trillion events a day with a petabyte of RAM deployed in our Cassandra clusters - and this traffic is growing daily. We're looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to developing and shaping our cybersecurity platform. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team, one fight.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join our Discover Cloud Team!
Falcon Discover is CrowdStrike's IT visibility & hygiene product, providing a single pane of glass for IT and security professionals to deep-dive into a rich data set consisting of host, user and application data. We're dealing with an ever increasing volume of data - hundreds of TB of information - which needs to be served in real time. Find out more about the Falcon Discover - www.crowdstrike.com/endpoint-security-products/falcon-discover-network-security-monitoring.
Discover is more than just a product though - it's also becoming a platform that aims to provide a unified experience for visibility data spread across multiple modules of the Falcon Console. The challenge here is huge - correlating information from different data sources and deriving actionable insights is very interesting at this scale. This is where you come into play - we're looking for a very passionate engineer to join us on the road to making Discover the platform of choice for both customers and other product teams wanting to leverage the massive data set that we collect.
Don't worry if you don't know Golang, we will teach you!
If you are a self-driven engineer who wants to operate at scale, apply & let's talk!
This is a hybrid position open to candidates in Romania.
Interviewing process: online
- Meet virtually CrowdStrike's Romania Team - http://y2u.be/gGPjGsr5Kw4
- Be part of a global team of highly skilled and passionate engineers, building and maintaining cloud services
- Contribute to the engineering efforts and architectural design needed to scale and optimize the Discover services
- Have full ownership and autonomy of your work from gathering requirements to production deployment
- Work closely with PMs and other groups to define and implement new product functionality as well as to integrate it with other services at CrowdStrike
- Drive innovation by researching, prototyping and proposing improvements to the existing architecture
- Use Go, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, AWS, Docker/Kubernetes and more on a daily basis
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of production-level experience in building, delivering, and maintaining systems at scale
- Strong programming skills in modern languages such as Go, Python, Java, C# etc.
- Hands of experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caching technologies - Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Knowledge in both building but also operating a service - CI/CD deployments, monitoring and alerting (Grafana, Prometheus), Kubernetes-based deployments
- Good understanding of multithreading, concurrency, and parallel processing in practice
- Understanding of engineering best practices - code reviews, testing, from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture
- Good command of English, both verbal and written
- Very good interpersonal communication and collaboration skills - we embrace the motto of "One Team, One Fight"
- Experience with any of the following technologies - Go, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, SQL, Redis
- Experience with cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP - and designing services on top of cloud based infrastructures
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining very large-scale systems (PB of data)
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience in working with teams distributed across multiple time zones
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com , for further assistance.