VP of HR- Learning and Development
- Chicago, IL
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is looking for a VP of HR-Learning and Development to join our high growth team during a period of unprecedented innovation and growth. You will partner widely across the organization leading and supporting efforts to evolve, build and ultimately scale robust learning solutions, including the development of their own team of L&D professionals. This work is aimed at providing employees and leaders opportunities where learning will result in capability-building to support our velocity growth plan.
We are looking for someone with fantastic people skills who finds satisfaction in building growth roadmaps on an individual/team basis, as well as working with the executive leadership to create learning plans designed to deepen the capabilities of teams across the organization. This person loves collaborating to understand business needs and has a passion for digging deeper into department functions to methodically deliver training and development for collective growth.
- Lead the training and employee development initiatives, leadership coaching, and related team-building trainings to communicate a consistent, core-value based message throughout the company.
- Develop and deploy training programs that address critical issues, aimed at enabling current employees to build skill, knowledge and expertise, including but not limited to leadership training, manager training, and HR compliance training (Discrimination, harassment, etc.)
- Create a strengths-based approach to organizational growth that will develop managers to be skilled in building and leading high performing teams, such as: How to set goals, Delivering feedback, having difficult conversations, self-appraisals, etc.
- Create and standardize an onboarding and integration program for all new employees, including check-ins and evaluations from Day 1 through Day 90.
- Build credibility by forming relationships with senior leaders and officers, working to collaboratively address their needs to align learning and development priorities with Cresco's overall strategy.
- Activate a new performance management and development approach that enables the organization to measure team and individual performance against stated goals, and is able to grow and scale with the organization.
- Lead development of effective employee engagement initiatives and engagement surveys.
- Oversee programs and initiatives enhancing the employee experience, deliver on our employee value proposition and support leaders in executing business imperatives.
- Lead design of organization development and effectiveness efforts with accountability for building leadership capability translating to bench strength and effective succession management.
- Conduct follow up studies of major learning objectives to monitor, evaluate and measure the programs' effectiveness, success,
- ROI periodically and report on them.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 10+ years in progressive HR and Learning & Development focused roles, preferably in a dynamic and multi-site work environment.
- Experience in a leadership role with a demonstrated track record in project management and implementing innovative approaches to talent development and performance management challenges
- Track record of developing and leading successful training efforts and deploying solutions to enhance the knowledge, skills and capabilities of employees across an organization
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience in group facilitation and team coaching with a track record of improving overall performance
- Experience in developing strong leaders and building a high-performance culture
- Exceptional results orientation with demonstrated personal initiative
- Strong, thoughtful, agile problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to work with shifting priorities with ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and leverage those insights into critical decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills to champion and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, peers, subordinates and other key partners.
- Strong business insight, with the ability to credibly make a business case, by linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top