Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to initially support our manufacturing facility in Wallkill, NY. As a QA Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing quality-related activities at the facility associated with sampling and inspection of in-process and finished products, customer complaints, product investigations, and Corrective and Prevention Action (CAPA) plans. Product families include cannabis oil, vape pens/cartridges, and concentrates. This position will be responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency and promoting a culture of Quality across all departments. You will also lead efforts to identify potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES.
- Performs in-process and finished product sampling and inspection.
- Ensures equipment and product line clearances before production runs.
- Manages and writes customer complaint and product investigations, helping to assess risk, identify root cause, plan CAPA activities, and implement solutions with business partners.
- Assist with QMS document writing and revisions, including routing and/or approval of change request packages.
- Inspects packaged orders to ensure correct content and quantities, as deemed necessary.
- Inspects retain samples and customer return samples, as deemed necessary.
- Manage and track stability sampling and testing per state regulation.
- Reviews batch manufacturing records, logbooks, test results, and ensures good documentation practices are followed.
- Discusses issues and concerns directly with line personnel and operations management so any corrections and improvements can be made in a timely manner.
- Performs GMP facility inspections.
- Participates in corporate Quality internal audits as assigned.
- Collaborates with operational functions to troubleshoot manufacturing and production defects, CAPA, and customer complaints. Provides advice with process improvements to eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Consolidates technical information from operations and manufacturing personnel and prepares written investigation and CAPA reports which may be provided to state regulators. Discuss quality-related issues with state regulators, as needed.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) and GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) guidance such as BRC, SQF, and FSSC 22000
- Facilitates creation of and/or updates to product safety plans or product process parameters.
- Overall accountability for product discontinuation, quarantine, destruction, rework, withdrawal/recall to operations and quality management.
- Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
- 5-10% travel to other facilities and states to help with new market launches, training, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree and/or Associates Degree with equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in a quality role
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis, or tobacco.
- Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) such as BRC, SQF, and FSSC 22000
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function.
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA
- Prior experience in regulatory agency audits and correspondence.
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures
- Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Able to manage personnel effectively, including performance issues, setting vision, priorities, etc.
- Demonstrates high sense of urgency and proactive thinking
- Experience with Continuous Improvement initiatives is a plus
- Experience with Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) is a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.