HR Business Partner
- New Kensington, PA
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an HR Business Partner to join our corporate HR team to oversee human resources operations for our grow facility in Brookville, PA and will be based there. The HR Business Partner will work closely with managers and employees on performance management, compensation, training, employee engagement and other matters as assigned. He/she will operate independently to support the needs of leaders and employees and will serve as the primary HR point of contact for the facility.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Provide leadership and counsel to field leaders in delivering HR solutions that enable a high-performance culture
- Act as the "face of HR" by being highly visible to employees on the floor and having direct insight to the day-to-day happenings
- Work closely with management and employees to increase productivity and morale
- Observe/identify trends and analyze data within the region or departments and propose actions to address any gaps or issues
- Assist in implementation of staffing strategy with Talent Acquisition, key HR partners and other appropriate leaders
- Participate in onsite onboarding and conduct new hire orientations as necessary
- Coach managers on performance management and employee conversations
- Resolve employee relations issues, by addressing complaints or concerns and escalating to HR leadership as necessary
- Partner with managers, facility leaders and HR leaders on annual performance review and goal setting cycles
- Monitor and ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state employment laws as well as company human resources policies and procedures
- Partner with facility leaders to determine necessary training and development opportunities for employees
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business-related field
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources, preferably in a field-based role
- Prior experience supporting a unionized environment preferred
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Complete understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite; experience with HRIS systems preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top