Wolfspeed Facilities Engineer (RTP)
This position will be part of the Wolfspeed RTP Facilities Engineering team located in RTP, NC. We are looking for a person who will lead and work with manufacturing operations equipment, various facilities project installations; including infrastructure, fitups, office renovations, plus tool installs. This role must be able to be abundantly flexible, eager, and have a willingness to take on broad, new and differing projects with all types of project scopes since the support will be over multiple project types, all types of contractor trade oversight and engagement. The work scopes involve HVAC, electrical, process gases, exhaust, cooling water, HVAC, MUA, Chilled water, CDW, PCW, DIW and tool-hookup, with any other needed services and utilities that "keep the plant running".
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Shape the future of the Power and Wide-band Gap Industry by "keeping the plant running" in support of the RTP Facilities mission.
- You will be in an environment that allows and expects you to make a difference.
- You will be challenged to tackle how, when and the way our facilities work is done with an “active owner” mindset.
- You will have the opportunity to gain broad and diverse experience working in the facilities arena, and in support of all the manufacturing operations team.
- This position offers exposure and hands on experience in a high tech "world changing" manufacturing environment.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Work with Facilities Engineering team and/or with any external design firms for any design work or engineering answers, plus work very closely work with the Facilities Operations infrastructure and system owners to proactively assure our systems have adequate capacity to support any project or tool install
- This role will prepare scope documentation, bid packages, analyze bid proposals, and determine the successful firm(s) on projects that assures the best quality, performance, schedule, and cost for execution of the work.
- This position requires awesome planning, communication and attention to details with close out and thorough documentation, while being able to meet timelines, budgets, complete safety inspections, complete the work execution and installs.
There will be significant interface with the manufacturing process engineering and equipment engineering team(s), as well as equipment suppliers, installation contractors, our peer Facilities teammates, the EHS function, plus the Life safety and Security groups. Emphasis will be on successfully working with tool layouts, be able grasp process flows, and also get "hands on" with the facility operations part of the factory.
- There will be significant interface with the manufacturing process engineering and equipment engineering team(s), as well as equipment suppliers, installation contractors, our peer Facilities teammates, the EHS function, plus the Life safety and Security groups. Emphasis will be on successfully working with tool layouts, be able grasp process flows, and also get "hands on" with the facility operations part of the factory.
- Think and do all things that brings value to the business from a Facilities view.
- Be greater than an "order taker", doing more and most importantly thinking above than what you are told. This will translate from only doing the daily work to being a complete business person in support of the manufacturing operations team.
What you need for success:
- Manage the project timelines, construction contractors, schedules, facilities infrastructure design coordination, documentation updates, and complete deliverables.
- Key expectations for this role include:
- Improve the project organization and execution install for the process and systems, across the organization
- Conduct the oversight and provide detailed and complete direction to the executing contactors, the preparation of all of the documentation needed for pricing, scopes, schedules, design and connection points, tie-in and overall install and project data.
- Excel in the communication to our manufacturing operations partners regarding the project/install status, the planned work, installation quality, all service labeling, collection of install data, testing protocols and final install documentation.
- Provide WIP, planning and completion metrics for the projects and tool installs related to performance and provide ideas and solutions to continuously grow and raise the bar for yourself and the team.
- Assume full ownership of the communication, coordination, planning, and documentation pieces for installations with accountability of the equipment being ready to run.
- Being skilled in managing multiple tasks and drive team culture of can do, must do, will do to GO BE GREAT!
- Working with integrity, candor, teamwork, humility, patience and focus to achieve "best in class".
- Safety is top-of-mind.
- Collaborate with all teams on the execution efforts.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Education of BS, AA or equivalent years of experience
- 15 years in a combination of roles and experience in the areas of project management, tool and equipment installation, facilities projects in the semiconductor industry
- Experience working in a cleanroom setting
- Skilled in reading, translating and executing drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels
- Willingness to provide proactive communication via email, talking, using SharePoint pass downs
- Demonstrate an ability to work well within a team environment
- Safety experience (gases, electrical, liquids, mechanical)
- Scheduling experience MS Project for tool and system installations
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top