Wolfspeed Development Engineer
Wolfspeed Materials R&D is looking for a high potential, self-driven, resourceful, creative, problem-solving Development Engineer, experienced in the carbon materials field with a good understanding of materials behavior and the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve technical challenges. Strong analytical and communication skills are necessary to enable successful execution of both new process development and the improvement of existing processes.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Join the company that is a global leader in the manufacturing of 4H Silicon Carbide (SiC) substrates, SiC and III-Nitride epitaxial wafers
- Be part of the team that has long proven expertise in SiC and GaN materials technology advancement with the focus and commitment to bring high-quality solution platforms across all applications
- The world runs on power, and our SiC wide bandgap semiconductors far outperform conventional silicon components and set new standards for efficiency and reliability
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Establish process design space for materials used, process parameters, manufacturing and other conditions
- Monitor new technology developments and identify, quantify and communicate new opportunities
- Perform capability, repeatability and cost analysis on processes to document new and existing processes/products
- Provide data analysis and an understanding of SiC manufacturing processes
- Establish procedures and qualification plans for bringing new processes on line
- Create opportunities to enhance technical methodology through the expansion of existing efforts or the development of new efforts
- Develop project plans, technical approaches, timelines and deliverables for assigned projects
- Work on several projects, simultaneously and successfully, in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Establish practices which include employees’ positive involvement with the opportunity for constructive input and action
- Establish accountability for problem solving both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
What you need for success
- BS in Carbon or Materials Science or related fields such as Materials, Ceramics or Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in carbon materials or related field, preferably associated with a volume manufacturer of carbon materials
- Experience in carbon materials metrology and test protocols ranging from physical, thermal, chemical and microstructural analysis
- Statistical data analysis skills and experience
- Independent thinking, attention to detail, strong organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation to support our team-based work environment
- Strong leadership skills, high energy, self motivated with “whatever it takes” attitude
- Ability to work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- MS or PhD Degree in Carbon or Materials Science or related field is preferred
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement, including publications and original research
- Familiarity with JMP or Spotfire data analysis software
- Knowledge of various forms of carbon materials, such as fibrous, powder, low and high density and their respective manufacturing processes along with an understanding of the raw materials used to produce such products
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with a demonstrated record of achievement
- Willing to provide a “hands on” approach
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top