VP, Finance - Operations
VP Finance, Semiconductor Operations
Cree is seeking a VP Finance, Semiconductor Operations to be part of its global Semiconductor (Wolfspeed and LED) Operations leadership team. This position will lead and manage the financial functions related to Cree’s global Semiconductor operations reporting directly to Cree’s Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to Cree’s Senior VP Operations. Cree’s global Semiconductor Operations encompass internal and external manufacturing, factory planning, supply chain, quality, organizational performance, site operations and environmental health and safety. Our current production facilities are located in Durham and RTP, North Carolina; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Huizhou, China and Morgan Hill, California. The appropriate candidate will lead activities to identify, articulate and quantify relevant business growth opportunities, ongoing business activities and cost reduction opportunities; fully assessing the cost benefit of each opportunity.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for professional growth in a thriving organization
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Opportunity to lead finance function for global semiconductor company
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Be the financial business partner for the SVP Operations helping develop and execute the long-range strategy for our semiconductor operations.
- Be a leader in determining and managing our operation’s internal and external manufacturing capacity. Working cross functionally with the Wolfspeed and LED business units to understand near and long-term demand needs.
- Working with the Operations leadership team to determine where our capabilities are differentiated for internal investment versus where outsourcing is a better solution in managing Cree’s overall capital investment needs.
- Lead the semiconductor annual and periodic S&OP processes.
- Lead and manage overall Operations annual and periodic budget and forecast processes. Develop, with operations leadership team, the appropriate operational and financial metrics to measure and execute to achieve our operational goals.
- Lead and manage inventory costing and reserves processes and systems.
- Work with operations leadership to ensure security and physical verification of semiconductor inventories and fixed assets.
- Deploy processes and capabilities which help to minimize inventory obsolescence, reduces manufacturing scrap, and maintains the health of our inventory portfolio.
- Work with Operations to set product cost reduction targets, proactively monitor product life cycles, and ensure timely achievement of new products cost reduction targets.
- Analyzes department budgeted run rate by key spending category (Labor, Depreciation, Raw Consumption, R & M, Operating Expenses, etc.), which includes comparison to actual, prior plan, and judgment of reasonableness.
- Lead weekly and monthly financial reporting and analysis to the Operations leadership team to ensure operations is on track to meet or exceed its goals.
- Provide business segment functional leaders analytical support for special projects and decisions (i.e. make vs buy decisions; participation in vendor RFPs, margin analysis for product/pricing decisions)
- Manage special projects and reporting functions.
- Lead the Capital project and expense accumulation, analysis and reporting process for Operations and Engineering capital projects.
- Evaluate ROI (investment and cost benefits) associated with Value Engineering (VE) and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support to Marketing and Engineering on New Product costing and pricing strategy and execution.
- Lead and support operation integration efforts with acquired entities.
- Update / maintain process documentation and transaction support to satisfy external and internal auditors.
- Supervises, trains, and mentors Semiconductor Operations finance staff.
What you need for success:
- Degree in engineering, accounting, finance or related field
- Organized professional with 15+ years of global semiconductor experience
- Experience with Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Site Operations
- Experience with semiconductor cost accounting processes and systems
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with operations and business leaders at all levels
- Proven track record of leadership experience
- Strong controls and process mindset and skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and ERP skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with Oracle or SAP scale ERP system
- Experience with Hyperion planning type system
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top