Third Shift Help Desk Coordinator
Help Desk Coordinator
Cree is seeking an IT Service Desk Technician to ensure prompt customer service and quick response times to IT desktop support requests.Qualified candidates will provide quality support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise and timeliness. Support will be provided following an ITSM ticketing system. Successful candidates must understand the importance of maintaining a 24x7 production environment. The ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations is a must. A good personality and excellent written and verbal communication are very important due to the amount of interaction with internal customers. Individuals must be able to work well with limited direction and supervision, be detail oriented, extremely organized, and self-motivated with sense of ownership in their area of responsibility.
What can Cree do for you?
- High visibility in a $1.5+ billion company
- Chance to work alongside passionate individuals who believe their job is more than just a paycheck
- Opportunity to work for a company where upward mobility is driven by results, not by tenure or organizational politics
- Chance to work within a team-driven environment where achieving the end-goal is more important than individual accomplishments
- Opportunity to work for company that is large enough to provide necessary resources, but small enough to remain nimble in the ever-changing global marketplace
What can you do for Cree?
- Understand internal employee needs and provide solutions to help enable the user or process
- Be a customer advocate and relay customer feedback, needs and wants to the rest of the IT organization
- Receive IT support requests through various channels including phone, chat, e-mail, and employee self service
- Provide remote IT support for quick resolutions to software, OS, telecomm, and network related issues
- Log and prioritize tickets based on the impact and urgency of the incident reported
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve incidents at first contact when possible.
- Resolve backlog of support requests by priority, then on a first in first out basis, providing detailed documentation and updates of troubleshooting performed. Provide periodic customer updates until the incident is resolved.
- Escalate and/or route tickets to appropriate IT Teams or team members as needed
- Ensure business defined incident SLAs are met
- Fulfill IT Service Requests on a first in first out basis, providing detailed documentation and customer facing updates of progression until the request is fulfilled.
- Deliver and reclaim IT hardware, peripherals, and telecomm equipment to/from various office and manufacturing locations around the Durham and RTP campuses
- Image workstations with Windows OS and software
- Perform remote software installations, desktop computer backups and desktop computer OS migrations
- Manage requests for loaner IT equipment
- Patch network ports in wiring closets
- Fulfill various system access requests
- Deliver and retrieve IT Hardware to/from shipping as needed
- Manage IT storage rooms and cabinets
- Check in and retire IT hardware inventory and update asset management database
- Update central knowledge base with workarounds and known issues
- Assist in updating documentation of current processes and procedures
What you need for success:
- Minimum of 3 years of IT related experience
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and MS Office Suites
- Strong ability to diagnose various OS and application errors and performance issues
- Strong methodical troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- Previous support experience in a corporate environment in excess of 500 employees
- Ability to diagnose and repair various IT end user hardware related issues
- Energetic, enthusiastic, eager to learn, fast learner
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- Self-motivated and able to work well with limited direction and supervision
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- ITIL Certification
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Executive support experience
- Experience troubleshooting remote access solutions including RSA, VPN and/or Citrix
- Previous experience using a ticketing system
- A+ Certification
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top