Test Technician - Solid State Lighting
This position in the Solid State Lighting Testing group will be responsible for the characterization and measurement of high power LED products. This opening is for a 12 hour day shift.
- Learn and perform tasks related to the mechanical assembly, optical and electrical testing, and characterization of LEDs
- Execute electrical, mechanical and photonic experiments to aid product development team in next generation packaged LED solutions
- Collect data, analyze results, and issue recommendations
- Understand complete assembly process flow for product line
- Must have the ability to communicate procedures for tool sets and can use observation skills to make adjustments on tools
- Responsible for creating documentation for new procedures and work instructions after process development is completed
- Provide support to team members to investigate/resolve processing issues and suggest solutions to prevent future occurrence
- Support equipment engineering on tool troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- Experience working on an automated assembly line
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to multitask and follow detailed instructions
- MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- AS or BS degree desired
- Knowledge of photonic systems (e.g. spectrometers, photonic measurements and LED metrology) desired
- Experience with JMP, C++, VB.net, SQL, and scripting languages
- Knowledge in schematics design and circuit layout
- Knowledge in semiconductor die attach, wire bond, and encapsulation processes
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top