The Test Technician position will primarily be responsible for setting up and performing a range of environmental, optical, and electrical testing on lighting products and controls in support of the Engineering Services Reliability team. The technician will also be responsible for environmental chamber operation, laboratory test equipment operation, fabricating test fixtures and general lab maintenance.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role will allow you to gain experience in the lighting industry and specifically with testing light fixture products
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects
- Ability to directly impact our lighting business segment success through testing of products
What can you do for Cree?
- Prepare test samples for evaluation and testing purposes in accordance with company standards.
- Build test fixtures/equipment in order to demonstrate “real-world” scenarios for testing purposes.
- Daily testing and monitoring of lighting products and controls with special attention to detail and processes.
- Maintain technical logs, files/records, test results, and spare parts inventories.
- Identify and recommend improvements to technical and operational processes and procedures.
- Available for after-hours support.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required or requested from time to time.
What you need for success:
- AS degree or EET or equivalent training in Electrical Engineering or other related technical field.
- Previous hands on experience as an Electrical and/or Electronics test technician preferred.
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- Good technical writing and communication skills required.
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to analyze test data and communicate results within a team setting.
- Proficient with PC-based software tools (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, JMP, etc.).
- Operate basic hand tools, shop tools and lab equipment.
- Attention to Safety
- Strong personal work ethic with ‘Do Whatever It Takes’ attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, high energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills.
- Works independently while also operating in a team environment.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Must be able and willing to fabricate components, assemble systems and prepare test samples/fixtures.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position will support our consumer light bulb group and more information on our products can be found at http://creebulb.com/
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top