This test technician will support Power (Schottky diode and MOSFET) and RF (GaN HEMPT) Test Engineering teams. Test Engineering support is for on-wafer (bare die) level testing in a medium volume manufacturing (clean room) environment. Responsibilities will include supporting various engineering activities that are required to keep production test equipment running efficiently and provide daily production support as needed.
What can Cree do for you?
- Technical leader SiC Power and GaN RF solutions
- Broad portfolio in growing market gives good opportunities for career growth and experience
What can you do for Cree?
- Maintain calibrated test stations and production test consumable items such as probe cards and equipment spare parts.
- Generate and maintain process and procedure documentation for all production test systems.
- Perform on-wafer level testing.
- Perform electrical and mechanical experiments to improve measurement and process yield.
- Oversee training and certification of production personnel for production test systems.
- Perform daily and weekly process checks and scheduled preventative tasks for production test systems.
- First point of contact to respond and resolve various test problems during production testing. Escalate to equipment maintenance team and/or test engineering as needed.
- Support product disposition analyzing test data.
- Modification, fabrication, assembly and verification of various production test systems and new development circuitry per specification provided.
- Facilitate interactions between engineering and various equipment vendors.
What you need for success:
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Two year degree in electronics, electronic engineering or related field
- Two years of experience in related field.
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing electrical test equipment: Source Measurement Units (SMUs), Probers (EG and Cascade), Oscilloscopes, Data Acquisition Systems and digital multi-meters (DMMs).
- Proficient in soldering printed circuit boards and wiring assemblies.
- General electrical troubleshooting skills to diagnose test systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to provide work instructions.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and schedules.
- Coordinate several tasks at one time.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work well with operators, technicians, engineers and management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and willing to work Over Time as needed.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with SPC and experimental designs
- Data analysis experience (JMP, Excel)
- Problem solver with a wide range of technical challenges.
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics.
- Hands-on experience of assembly of electronic and mechanical components.
- Proficient at reading and understanding technical documents.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top