Test Engineering Specialist
We are seeking an RF/Microwave Test Engineering Specialist working in the applications and RF product development team. The primary focus is support of engineering activites to generating new design wins through the design, test and evaluation of cutting edge products using GaN HEMT technology.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
In Wolfspeed's RF division, your experience will grow tremendously as you will work on any number of applications circuits including Doherty, Multi-Octave Broadband, High Power RADAR, High Frequency (X and Ku Bands), Multi Stage Discrete Circuit, MMICs plus all the other circuits that we can't talk about.
Plus, with our fab and assembly all under one roof, you will get to work with our cutting edge products with R&D Scientists, Product Development Engineers, Assembly and Marketing groups all striving to create the next jaw dropping product that the RF Power industry has come to expect from this team.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Perform required tests and compile data in usable format to support engineers
- Debug circuits and test systems, implementing required solutions
- Calibrate and maintain RF test instruments
- Develop and implement automated test procedures to streamline standard RF test functions
- Maintain RF test lab, insuring adequate supplies are available for required tests
- Assemble RF test fixtures including soldering and simple manual wire bonding
What you need for success:
- BSEE or equivalent
- At least 3 years RF/microwave test experience
- Working experience with microwave test equipment (e.g. VNAs)
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Visual Basic (or equivalent) programming for test automation
- AutoCAD layout for simple test fixture design
- Assessment and debug of RF circuits
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top