The role is for an Electronic Design Engineer to work in a high-power laboratory, provide testing procedures in conjunction with the engineering team, and perform testing and report data. A variety of testing is required, from basic component validation and characterization to kW and MW level prototype system testing.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- You will have access to cutting-edge SiC devices and applications
- Professional development opportunities enable a well-rounded environment for growth and new opportunities
- Provide hands-on experience to a SiC-focused applications team
- Opportunities to enable external customers to solve a variety of problems that only SiC technology can solve
- Provides a mix of military/DoD work for next generation platforms, commercial opportunities that span the marketspace, and green-grass programs that allow free-thinking design for the optimum solution
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Manage the electrical laboratory test space, providing procedures and maintaining safety and cleanliness
- Layout and building of power electronics prototype testing systems and power system stack-ups
- Electrical testing of the kW to MW power electronics applications
- Component validation testing reporting of data
- Participate and contribute to the design review process
- Always required to be a team player
What you need for success:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to use laboratory oscilloscopes, probes, power supplies, etc.
- Understanding of:
- power laboratory safety requirements
- single and/or three phase motor drive systems, grid-tie and bi-directional inverters
- DC motor drives and actuator systems
- Technical writing/reporting for customer and contract deliverables
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Understanding of EMI related issues
- Understanding of thermal design and thermal management systems
- Understanding or experience with advanced power packaging techniques
- Experience with high performance issues (high-speed and high-temperature, etc.)
- Knowledge of new state-of-the-art devices such as SiC FETs and Schottkys
- 1-2 years of industry related experience
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top