Test and Balance (TAB) Technician
This position provides an intermediate to high-level skill set in Test and Balance (TAB) of air and hydronic systems. The skill set level for this position has experience in maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting a wide variety of air handling, exhaust systems, ductwork, and fluid flow equipment associated with industrial HVAC systems in a semiconductor facility. The position requires an individual to work independently on complicated equipment and systems with minimal instruction and direction.
What can Cree do for you?
- Position reports to the Engineering department with the opportunity to work closely with Engineers in the development and implementation of new systems and upgrades.
- Unique opportunities for on the job training as well as annual off-site training for professional growth opportunities.
What can you do for Cree?
- Inspect systems to verify compliance with plans, specifications, and equipment operating requirements.
- Diagnoses, adjusts, tests, and balances system components to achieve optimal system performance.
- Investigates system malfunctions and operation deficiencies to determine source and resolve problems.
- Test airflow volume and velocity, static pressure and uniformity testing, differential pressurization testing, airflow visualization, and performing leakage tests.
- Test performance of air and hydronic systems, using specialized tools and test equipment to isolate problems and determine where adjustments are necessary.
- Perform calibrations of Flow, Temperature, Pressure, and Humidity Transmitters
What you need for success: (Minimum qualifications-quantifiable qualifications)
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work with minimal instruction
- Reads and interprets system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine proper configuration and arrangement of system components.
Highly preferred skills and certifications: (Preferred Qualifications, still quantifiable)
- Professional Certifications or Technical Degree preferred
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top