TDI Process Engineer
The TDI Process Engineer position is a member of the engineering team responsible for back end wafer processing and testing of Power SiC and GaN HEMT RF Products. The primary responsibility will be developing, sustaining and improving automated visual inspection processes. Additional responsibilities include sustaining and improving wafer die singulation processes and formatting die vehicles for internal handling and customer shipping. The successful candidate will be an effective problem solver, proactive process owner and insightful engineer.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
This role is within a fast paced and startup-like development environment, which processes completed semiconductor wafers into individual die for direct customer sales and captive assembly operations. As a process engineering team member, the access provided to wafer and die processing, inspection and data analysis tools will further development of the technical skills to be utilized daily. This role and the associated responsibilities are expected to expand with forecast expansion of the business over the next 12-24 months.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Primary responsibility is to develop, sustain and improve automated visual inspection processes for High Power RF/Microwave GaN HEMT production, Foundry and Power products.
- Develop inspection recipes for custom Foundry products, experimental wafers and new RF/Power products.
- Provide timely feedback to Fab process/product engineers on process variations and defective wafers to help drive yield improvement.
- Perform training and qualification of production personnel on RF and Schottky wafer inspection disposition.
- Design and execute experiments to improve defect detection and process yields.
- Maximize process through-put while maintaining inspection recipe/product integrity.
- Secondary responsibility is to develop, sustain and improve processes for die singulation (wafer mount, dicing, ink, stretch/transfer).
- Generate and maintain complete process documentation, procedures and capacity models for auto inspection and die singulation.
- Maintain processes to minimize tool down time.
- Diagnose problems and implement corrective actions on automated visual inspection systems.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of data that is uploaded to the master data base for archival and data mining.
- Streamline data gathering, storage and access to minimize effort required to generate required visibility.
- Collaborate with other engineers to maintain a robust process for software verification and control.
- Develop periodic maintenance procedures and process controls.
What you need for success:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Materials Science/Engineering (or equivalent).
- 1 year experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of SPC and experimental design.
- Proficient at MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access.
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time.
- Must have a “do whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done.
- Candidate must have good English communication skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 1-3 years experience in back end wafer singulation and inspection operations.
- Automated visual inspection experience of semiconductor die.
- 3+ years experience in the semiconductor manufacturing.
- Data analysis skills (Access, JMP… etc.).
- Computer modeling and simulation experience.
- Experience with compound semiconductor FET technologies.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top