Surface Prep Process Engineer Sustaining
Cree’s Materials Business is seeking a high potential, resourceful, hands-on, problem solving Process Engineer with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians. The candidate will be responsible for sustaining and improving processes to drive quality, yield, cost and through-put improvements in the Surface Prep area.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree is a fast-paced environment, in which we are leading the development in Silicon Carbide and LED technologies. This roll will allow you to work directly with all levels of this technology from Research and Development to operations. You will work with truly unique datasets to solve problems that have an impact on global energy consumption and environmental preservation, while creating best-in-class technology that improves Cree’s and our customers bottom line.
What can you do for Cree?
- Own manufacturing processes for wafer preparation processes ensuring capable & in control:
- Define process control methods for detecting process variations. Including creation and monitoring appropriate process parameter control charts. Implement rapid containment measures for any “out of control” conditions to minimize the effect of process changes to customers. Investigate, resolve, and prevent future out of control occurrences.
- Development of process control metrics and corrective action plans for OOC conditions including setting up data collection, review, and presentation.
- Example processes include: Etch, Implant, Anneal, Oxidation, Defect inspection/analysis, metrology.
- Apply good engineering practices to continuously improve wafer preparation process:
- Define/refine methods to increase process repeatability and control to achieve higher yields, lower costs, higher flexibility, lower variation, and a safe work environment.
- Manage & drive through projects to improve wafer quality and yield to exceed customer expectations.
- Work with R&D team to define, qualify, and transition processes from research through development to production. Receive new process/product introductions from R&D.
- Define & coordinate process changes by working with both exempt and non-exempt personnel to ensure repeatability and control.
- Must be able to work several projects simultaneously and have successfully demonstrated success in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an Engineering discipline (Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering).
- Ability to fully own a process, analyze data, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent skills & experience in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JMP, Access).
- Solid computer skills, statistics foundation, & problem-solving skills required.
- High energy, self-motivated, positive, professional attitude is essential for success.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time and multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong SPC skill & experience.
- Willing and able to work extra as needed to achieve business goals.
- Provide on-call support as needed to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 3+ year work experience in relevant field.
- Experience with the following: Etch, Implant, Anneal, Oxidation, Defect inspection/analysis, metrology.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top