Sub-Fab Materials Technician
This position provides support for the Opto and Materials department from outside of the labs. This individual will work Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm in support of a 24/7 operation. Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work in a small group with minimum supervision and have excellent customer service skills.
- Change hazardous waste totes and drums for the Wafer Fab and Epi areas. (30%)
- Change gas cylinders and complete chemical fills. These include the bulk NH3 systems for Epi and various tools in the Wafer Fab area. (30%)
- Complete daily checks on Epi and Wafer Fab equipment in the Subfab. (20%)
- Complete QA tasks on pumps and chillers (2%)
- Rebuild/repair critical spare parts. (2%)
- Routinely run parts and chemicals to the Epi and Wafer Fab labs. (12%)
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment. (2%)
- Daily cleaning of the areas. (2%)
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or similar technical degree
- 2 + years semiconductor equipment maintenance repair experience or equivalent military experience.
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Understanding of high vacuum equipment, electronic circuitry and PLC controllers
- Must be willing to work overtime to support needs of business
- Must be able to be medically cleared to wear a respirator
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- PC experience – MS Word, Excel, Access, Oracle
- Preferred 4+ years of semiconductor system maintenance and repair experience or equivalent military experience.
- Must be organized, neat, detailed, conscientious, and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Will work around compressed gasses, acids, solvents vacuum pump oils, and other chemicals.
- Must be able to regularly lift 65 lbs
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top